Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for OS X 10.11.6 (346.03.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a solution for iMacs 17,1 (Skylake, GTX970, El Capitan) that actually works? Can't get it to work no matter what I try, it does work with Mac Pro 3,1 however.
Since we're not telepathic, we need to know your system components. See the tonymacx86 Forum Rules & Policies on signature block components.

Additionally, please provide complete details in your Profile.

Mobo: motherboard manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model (e.g., i7-4770K)
Graphics: Video card manufacturer/model and/or Intel Integrated Graphics version (e.g., HD4600)

See my Profile items to the left of my post, under my name.

By doing completing your Profile and signature block, you help us help you better. :thumbup:

Please excuse me for being cocky before, I really want to thank you all for your great tools and support on here.

It turns out that I probably just used the old version of AGDPfix (ie. not v1.3), which, as far as I understand, does not have support for the iMac17,1 SMBIOS yet. I also disabled SIP now (in Clover config, RtVariables, CsrActiveConfig, 0x67) and am NOT using kext-dev-mode=1 (which makes sense, since that's done via SIP and the CsrActiveConfig setting in El Capitan now afaik).

I think the info in my post is sufficient requiring no one to be telepathic, however I completely agree that I should've completed my profile first. Sorry!

Anyway, I can now confirm that it works for me, however I would prefer a solution that does not require repatching and disabling SIP. It should be possible to patch the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext plist on the fly with Clover, right?

FYI, the latest 2006-001 Security update changes Build to 15G1004. NVIDIA hasn't updated the drivers yet to install. For now, use the beta drivers listed in the OP.

Don't update yet if you need these drivers. Doesn't work with GTX970 windforce.
I am using WebDriver-346.01.02f04.pkg successfully with a GV-N970WF3OC-4GD. (I appear to have been playing with BIOS updating, but I think that was an issue of getting flickers of something on the screen… which I traced (rightly or wrongly) to the network card antennae being right next to my video cable.)

Hello,

are there any driver available for 1080GTX now ?

Hello,

are there any driver available for 1080GTX now ?
Not yet. You'll know when we know, and tonymacx86 will have a new sticky thread.

Sierra Nvidia web drivers are out (downloading from Nvidia Driver Manager)

V367.15.10.05f01

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back