Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for OS X 10.11.6 (346.03.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can install prevoius drives. Just change the OSX version to 10.11.5

Code:
sudo nano /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist

In this plist file change "ProductBuildVersion" to "15F34" which is 10.11.5 and install the drivers for this version.

I'm getting the same issue here.. Everytime I open Adobe anything, the system crashes and reboots!! Any ideas yet? I'm thinking of removing el capitan and going back to yosemite

I will check when I get home this evening but I updated yesterday and didn't have any issues I remember with Adobe apps, although I might have only been using Dreamweaver last night.

UPDATE: Just used Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.1.2 for a while without any issues.

Last edited:
You can install prevoius drives. Just change the OSX version to 10.11.5

Code:
sudo nano /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist

In this plist file change "ProductBuildVersion" to "15F34" which is 10.11.5 and install the drivers for this version.

This can have adverse effects as it will effect the entire system and any other apps that might be checking the version of OS X installed, namely some Apple apps. You are better off modifying the NVDAStartup.kext.

For those with a returning black screen, verify you didn't fix it last update buy editing plist's (replacing Config2 with none) as this has been overridden after the update.

I will check when I get home this evening but I updated yesterday and didn't have any issues I remember with Adobe apps, although I might have only been using Dreamweaver last night.

UPDATE: Just used Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.1.2 for a while without any issues.

Hi,
I use a GTX 980 inside a genuine Mac Pro 3,1 and Adobe video apps ( Premiere, After effects, Media Encoder ) crash the system at start when they try to load the media core. Photoshop works fine for me too.
Do you think I could tweak a kext on a my Mac to roll back to the previous Nvidia webdriver? When I updated to 10.11.6 the system said it was not compatible but I guess it is a casual task in the hackintosh world to make the system believe something else. Thanks for your help.

This can have adverse effects as it will effect the entire system and any other apps that might be checking the version of OS X installed, namely some Apple apps. You are better off modifying the NVDAStartup.kext.
How can I edit that file? I need to try to force the old driver (if its possible), because I need to use AE :/
I have a 970 MSI Windforce

Hi,
I use a GTX 980 inside a genuine Mac Pro 3,1 and Adobe video apps ( Premiere, After effects, Media Encoder ) crash the system at start when they try to load the media core. Photoshop works fine for me too.
Do you think I could tweak a kext on a my Mac to roll back to the previous Nvidia webdriver? When I updated to 10.11.6 the system said it was not compatible but I guess it is a casual task in the hackintosh world to make the system believe something else. Thanks for your help.
This is the solution from Adobe

Hi,

What version of Premiere are you running? I just opened up a project in Premiere Pro 2015.2 and didn't have any issues. I have not updated to 2105.3 yet so that might be the difference.

When I opened the latest Premier Pro on my machine, both screens immediately went black and the computer rebooted.

I removed the Metal folder as instructed by Adobe, and everything is fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back