Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for OS X 10.11.6 (346.03.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately I get a hard restart when I run After Effects CC 2015.3 after the update :(
Can I rollback 10.11.6 -> .5, and previous drivers w/o re-formatting or having a system backup?

The same over here.
Found that the GPUsniffer.app crashes Adobe Premiere and AfterEffects CC 2015.3!!!
The only solution for the moment was to startup nv_disable=1 and deinstall the Nvidia Webdriver.
All my modern cards are not working ( Titan X, . . . ).
DaVinci is running fine. Only Adobe has the problem.
Had to go back to use the GTX 680 and use the OS X native cuda driver.
So now we have to wait for both. ( Nvidia and Adobe ).
Bad situation because Adobe is not that fast as Nvidia.

I am using the previous driver with EVGA GTX 970 SCC (04G-P4-3975-KR).
Togheter with UP2715K from Dell (5K resolution). Works great except that after booting I have to switch off and on the monitor in order to see the main screen and not a secondary screen. After that everything is OK.
I hoped that a new driver would solve this problem (not existing in Windows), but I'll wait for now...for more feedback.

Later edit : I haven't yet updated to 10.11.6 (15G31) El Capitan, I only allowed the iTunes update.

Last edited:
Don't update yet if you need these drivers. Doesn't work with GTX970 windforce.

Killed my 960 support... Any ideas what to do? causing monitor switch off on boot. EmuVariable still there and everything worked fine last update

This drive is working fine with my MSI GTX 970. It should work with ALL Maxwell GPUs because the underlying architecture is the same regardless of manufacturer or cooling design. My guess is you either do not have nvda_drv=1 in your config.plist or your nvram has been cleared if you were relying on that.

To be honest, I genuinely suspect Nvidia are just sort of 'passively' supporting hackintosh users. I don't believe that many legitimate Mac users need these drivers.

There are LOTs of Mac Pro users out there who are running 900 series GPUs.

try installing beta drivers, i use them now, i had problems too with the latest drivers

The card should work. It does not matter the make and model. The only Maxwell GPU that had issues on a Hackintosh was the Asus 750/750ti and it was because of their oddball rom. If you flashed the card with a different rom it worked fine.

For those having trouble with the driver, download and reinstall. Verify that you have nvda_drv=1 in your config.plist.

Working fine here with a "Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming" over DP to 1400p monitor. Not using any Adobe apps so can't help there.

I never use the downloadable installer for the driver updates. I always install the OSX .x update and then from the Nvidia Driver Manager Preferences perform a manual check for updates. Choose to check for updates, let any download, then install it, reboot. Done.

Hope this helps.

I'm getting the same issue here.. Everytime I open Adobe anything, the system crashes and reboots!! Any ideas yet? I'm thinking of removing el capitan and going back to yosemite

Unfortunately I get a hard restart when I run After Effects CC 2015.3 after the update :(
Can I rollback 10.11.6 -> .5, and previous drivers w/o re-formatting or having a system backup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back