Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for OS X 10.11.5 (346.03.10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I don't know if the solution is also for my problem ?
Got a GTX950. After update to 10.11.5, I arrived on the Finder with no problems.
The prefs panel tells me that my Nvidia driver is the OSX one (not the web one anymore).
As I downloaded the new one, I installed it, but at reboot, I got a blank screen.
The only way to get an image back is to boot in Safe mode in Clover, but this time, when I launch the prefs panel, although ther is the Nvidia icon, If I click on it, an error occures.
I used this install guide (accordingly to my motherboard ^^) : http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-el-capitan-on-the-ga-z170x-ud3.180618/

Thanks fully I made a CCC backup before updating OSX. I restored it since my atempt.
If you followed that detailed guide then its good.
If bootflags are correct then thats it.
If you just can change to Web Driver in NVIDIA Preferences then its the right one.
If you using SMBIOS like iMac 15 and up, or mac pro 6 and up then you need to install AGDPfix.app from here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/b...-imac-15-or-imac-17-system-definition.183113/
I still recommend to use SMBIOS that is compatible to your hardware, my recommendation is iMac 14,2 or Mac Pro 5,1. 3,1.

Other than that I have no idea about your problem :(

Last edited:
R9 380 worked OOB for Yosemite but black screen on El Capitan, it still works with some modifications.

Im building second powerful Hackintosh only for OS X with mini GA-Z97N-Gaming 5, Intel Xeon and R9 290X, this card scores 12 seconds on BruceX test and thats damn fast :thumbup:

I have my Hackintosh tested and have 15 seconds on the timer. The test is a little too short. Insufficient action to measure accurately.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2016-05-24 um 13.32.41.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2016-05-24 um 13.32.41.png
    136.7 KB · Views: 338
I have my Hackintosh tested and have 15 seconds on the timer. The test is a little too short. Insufficient action to measure accurately.
Thats good, I test export to 5K on my 980ti 2816 CUDA cores but I'm not able to count because its something like 5 secs.

Now, on OpenCL LuxMark benchmark for 980ti is (RUNTIME ERROR: PathOCLBase kernel compilation error), on GTX Titan score is 1387 and R9 280X score is 2057, of course higher is better.

My goal is to build a pure OpenCL machine to suite Apple OS X needs and that can be done only with AMD cards which I don't like but I have too, AMD cards are really faster on OpenCL then NVIDIA, even on Windows Sony Vegas which uses OpenCL to render videos the 280X is 22 secs and 980ti is 26 secs to finish :cry:

Updated 10.11.5 NVIDIA drivers out today: 346.03.10f02.

For those wondering, it does not have Pascal support yet. ;)

Updated 10.11.5 NVIDIA drivers out today: 346.03.10f02.

For those wondering, it does not have Pascal support yet. ;)

can i have the link please

it seems GPU acceleration problems in illustrator solved with 346.03.10f02.
Anyone else tested?

Have now worked 2 hours with Illustrator and indeed the problem seems to be solved.
Have simultaneously opened Illustrator and Photoshop. Everywhere GPU turned on. No crashes.
That is incredible that the eternal problem was solved. Simply incredible.

Wow!

Came here just to say that indeed it looks like Nvidia's problems with Illustrator have finally been solved. I almost can't believe it! :headbang:

Big shoutout to guys @Nvidia for this release. Thank you so much)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back