Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for OS X 10.11.3 (346.03.05)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worked great for my 740 SC. I uploaded OS X to 10.11.3 and then the system automatically booted with OS X default graphic drivers, so an alert window from Nvidia appeared advising me to upload the Drivers to 346.03.05. I installed them, rebooted and everything goes as great as always.

Hello, the beta driver works fine for me. I have the GTX 960 4GB.

Attachments

• Unbenannt-1.jpg
    Unbenannt-1.jpg
    396.5 KB · Views: 159
try beta version of the driver. it solves some issues

Thanks for the tip. Tried the beta driver to no avail. However, I noticed from Stork's first post under the 10.11.3 installation guide that, for Haskell builds using a graphics card, my system definition should be iMac 14,2. Anybody think this could be the culprit? I also note that Nvidia's website states that the web drivers are "beta" for iMac 14,2. They don't mention 14,1. I originally used the 14,1 system definition because I was rocking the HD 4600.

Worked great for my 740 SC. I upgrade OS X to 10.11.3 and then the system automatically booted with OS X default graphic drivers, so an alert window from Nvidia appeared advising me to upload the Drivers to 346.03.05. I installed them, rebooted and everything goes as great as always.

So you did not have to use nv_disable=1 to get to desktop after reboot of upgrade? Was card a EVGA 740 SC?

These cards kernal panic after bootloader without webdriver installed but will boot with native Nvidia as they are rebranded 6XX cards.

346.03.05f01 drivers 10.11.3

Adobe resizing OK
FCP effects OK

I'm getting corruption when using brushes etc in the latest Photoshop CC when using the current 346.03.05f01drivers and the GPU acceleration in Photoshop set to advanced. It goes away when i set it to normal. Resizing with OpenCL activated still causes crashes.

Using the 346.03.05b02 drivers, i can set GPU acceleration to advanced in Photoshop CC with no corruption taking place. Resizing still crashes unless i turn off OpenCL.

Soz, forgot to say i'm running a 980 ti card!

Last edited:
I'm getting corruption when using brushes etc in the latest Photoshop CC when using the current 346.03.05f01drivers and the GPU acceleration in Photoshop set to advanced. It goes away when i set it to normal. Resizing with OpenCL activated still causes crashes.

Using the 346.03.05b02 drivers, i can set GPU acceleration to advanced in Photoshop CC with no corruption taking place. Resizing still crashes unless i turn off OpenCL.

Aw man, me too! I was really excited with everyone saying their OpenCL issues in Photoshop were fixed! I've tried both 05f01 & 05b02 on both PS CC 2014 & 2015.1 and both were crashing on resize with OpenCL turned on.

I updated PS to 2015.1 as I remember reading that this fix only works on the most up-to-date version of PS. I've since downgraded (after it didn't work for me) back to 2014 because I was getting mind blowing slow save speeds (related?). And have thus reverted back to 05b02 because of the graphics tearing.

I'm using a GTX 960 SSC 2GB if that helps.

I have a GTX 950 is it possible to get CUDA running? Or ist it just the Alternate Graphics Driver?

I have a GTX 950 is it possible to get CUDA running? Or ist it just the Alternate Graphics Driver?
If you need the CUDA drivers, you'll need to install the Web drivers first. The link to the CUDA drivers is located in the same nVidia web page as the Web drivers as shown in Post #1 of this thread.

If you need the CUDA drivers, you'll need to install the Web drivers first. The link to the CUDA drivers is located in the same nVidia web page as the Web drivers as shown in Post #1 of this thread.

Thanks! I am going to try this, when I am back to this machine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back