Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for OS X 10.11.3 (346.03.05)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far so good. I've been working a few hours with Photoshop and OpenCL enabled with no crashes.

Illustrator CC 2015 keeps on crashing unless I deactivate GPU acceleration.

Would be helpful if you added your hardware to your profile.

New NVIDIA drivers released today- added to top post:

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/99119/en-us

Just a heads up, this driver update borked my hackintosh setup completely (I suspect). It has been running mostly fine for a few weeks, with the only graphics-related issues being related to Photoshop, but post-installation of 05f02 on my 10.11.3 system; I can log in, but the system will crash completely after 10 seconds to 5 minutes of light use, and doesn't appear to be related to any particular action.

I'm running without the nvda flag at the moment to ensure the problem is related to this driver, at which point I will revert to 05f01.

I am however in the mostly-unique position of trying to drive three monitors over DP here though, so it's probably not going to be an issue for most people.

So far so good. I've been working a few hours with Photoshop and OpenCL enabled with no crashes.

Illustrator CC 2015 keeps on crashing unless I deactivate GPU acceleration.

Yes, the version f02 improved the problem with fonts in Illustrator CC2015. The program crashes. You have to switch off the GPU.

Yes, the version f02 improved the problem with fonts in Illustrator CC2015. The program crashes. You have to switch off the GPU.

I did that and it works. Another solution was to downgrade to 2014 version which doesn't use GPU acceleration.

I have reported the bug to Nvidia, hopefully it will be solved in the next version.

I did that and it works. Another solution was to downgrade to 2014 version which doesn't use GPU acceleration.

I have reported the bug to Nvidia, hopefully it will be solved in the next version.

Super, I've done the same, only be sent to Apple. Hehe

I'm running the latest 346.03.05f02 with my GTX 970.

ONLY issue I'm having (that I've experienced so far), is consistent crashing in Illustrator 2015 CC. FCPx, photoshop, etc all seems fine.

Disabling GPU "fixes" the problem, but man Illustrator is my #1 app as a designer and I'd really like that working. Hopefully a fix is available soon.

Is there any indication if this might be fixed in a new 10.11.3 release, or since the 10.11.4 version is already, is it likely we'll have to wait for at least the final version of 10.11.4?

Also, has anyone running 10.11.4 reported any fixes to the current OpenCL issues? First time posting, thanks to everyone for all the info here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back