Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for OS X 10.11.2 (346.03.04)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok,

so the problem has been identified. It is one of my desplays which is VGA only. The system boots fine when it is disconnected. With GT640 I can boot with VGA. With GTX970 I can not because it sometimes boots and sometimes not o_O (kernel panic and restart). Solved by MiniDP to VGA active adapter

Ok,

so the problem has been identified. It is one of my displays which is VGA only. The system boots fine when it is disconnected. With GT640 I can boot with VGA. With GTX970 I can not because it sometimes boots and sometimes not o_O (kernel panic and restart). Solved by MiniDP to VGA active adapter
Since Apple hasn't supported VGA connections since Moses was a child, most modern graphics card that have a VGA port have trouble working with OS X, especially when trying to go VGA (graphics card) to VGA (monitor). As you found out, it's best to use a DVI/DP/mDP to VGA adapter. Glad your problem is resolved. :thumbup:

Is GeForce GTX 850M supported?

I just completed Stork's great guide to setting up El Capitan, but it seems I installed version 10.11.3. Does NVidia have a driver to support 10.11.3? The one linked to in this thread is for 10.11.2.

Would appreciate your suggestions. I have a brand new GTX 980 I can't wait to get up and running.

No go for me. Flickers intermittently. Rolled back to ~f01.
GTX970 here.

**Update - Rolled back, re-downloaded and re-installed. Working fine. ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back