Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for OS X 10.11.2 (346.03.04)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have OS X 10.11.2 installed with Gainward Phoenix GTX970 4GB DDR5 and clover as bootloader. Everything works fine, I have last web drivers and cuda drivers installed and enabled as well as nvda_drv=1 argument in clover. The problem is that my system everytime needs two attempts to boot. First boot right after computer start (power button ON) is everytime interrupted by black screen and spontaneous restart in the middle of the booting process. After this sponatenous restart it everytime boots successfully into fully working system. Any advice?
Could you identify any eeeror just before the reboot while in verbose mode ? -v ?

Could you identify any eeeror just before the reboot while in verbose mode ? -v ?

There is no such problem with GT640 so I would think that GTX970 is the reason. But I make a research using verbose mode and put it here. Thnx for your interest

Ok, there is no error listed in verbose mode. Just restart. I am sure that it is related to GTX970. Sometimes it goes to reboot loop and I have to use nv_disable=1 to boot and reenable web driver as selected driver for graphic. After reboot it works.... It is pretty strange that the craphic sometimes works and sometimes not... Maybe time to change to Windows

Ok, there is no error listed in verbose mode. Just restart. I am sure that it is related to GTX970. Sometimes it goes to reboot loop and I have to use nv_disable=1 to boot and reenable web driver as selected driver for graphic. After reboot it works.... It is pretty strange that the craphic sometimes works and sometimes not... Maybe time to change to Windows

I have had this issue too, as well as the one i previously mentioned in this thread. Mine seems to have gone away now, not sure if it was a setting i changed or if it just fixed itself, the inconsistency was weird so i never really tried to fix it bc it eventually booted up fine and im not in any hurry lol

I have had this issue too, as well as the one i previously mentioned in this thread. Mine seems to have gone away now, not sure if it was a setting i changed or if it just fixed itself, the inconsistency was weird so i never really tried to fix it bc it eventually booted up fine and im not in any hurry lol

There are many users with this issue on standars Mac and Hackintosh but I found the same issue related to Windows 10....

There are many users with this issue on standars Mac and Hackintosh but I found the same issue related to Windows 10....
So it is GTX970 and not OS X related? Probably you should return it if you can?

So it is GTX970 and not OS X related? Probably you should return it if you can?

I am not sure because on Win7/8 there seems to be no issue.

I was thinking about GTX970 and R9 390 and decided for Nvidia because of better driver support.
Now I am not sure about that decision. I found many people having the same problem with loop reboot with GTX970 here in forum and many users with R9 390 with success on 10.11 systems. So I think giving r9 390 a try

according to this chart:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/171291-radeon-compatibility-guide-ati-amd-graphics-cards.html
The Radion is buggy either :)

I wonder if there is a powerful 100% bugfree upto-date graphic-card for OSX86 available at all ? :think:

Hopefully Nvidia will fix it soon !

Yes this is the question. My GT640 is natively supported by OS X so there is no issue in 10.10 and 10.11.
But I need good graphic mainly for 3D rendering and GT640 is much slower in Blender than my CPU

Today my computer booted at first attempt. It is first time... It is pretty confusing :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back