Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for OS X 10.11.2 (346.03.04)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm switching using Nvidia Control Panel. I also have nvda_drv=1. The graphic card seems to work, Premiere is working very fast.
But every time I reboot the setting goes back to OS X Default. When I change it Nvidia Web Driver, the Nvidia gets on the it doesn't prompt me to reboot. Cuda seems also working. If i try to switch back to OS X Default it does ask me to reboot. Here is the video that shows the state right after reboot:
https://youtu.be/HxUS29u5IhI
It seems for me that everything is working, besides some problems with the configuration panel itself.
What do you think?

That is a known bug. Type "kextstat | grep nvidia" in Terminal. (without the quotes) It'll show you which drivers are loaded.

Thanks, I'll share any updates if I find the solution for this problem.

Are these drivers suitable to use on 10.10.5 as well? I just purchased a GTX 980 and am going to install in the next couple of days.

Also would there be a guide on adding a GPU to an existing system? I have an integrated graphics 4790K, MSI Z97 PCMATE system up and running on 10.10.5 and don't want to mess anything up with clover while installing.

Do I have to inject NVIDIA? (besides nvda_drv=1)

Are these drivers suitable to use on 10.10.5 as well? I just purchased a GTX 980 and am going to install in the next couple of days.

Also would there be a guide on adding a GPU to an existing system? I have an integrated graphics 4790K, MSI Z97 PCMATE system up and running on 10.10.5 and don't want to mess anything up with clover while installing.

No, the drivers are for specific build numbers. You will need the ones for which ever build of 10.10.5 you are running, there are a few.

Do I have to inject NVIDIA? (besides nvda_drv=1)

Depends on your GPU. Since you don't have any of your build info in your profile that's all I can say. Please complete your profile per the forum rules.

That is a known bug. Type "kextstat | grep nvidia" in Terminal. (without the quotes) It'll show you which drivers are loaded.

Thanks! It shows the "web" version.

Whoa for me worked easy as just installing, and that is it. Hacky now sees both GTX 770 and Titan Black. Now just to see how it behaves with CUDA renderings..

Have OS X 10.11.2 installed with Gainward Phoenix GTX970 4GB DDR5 and clover as bootloader. Everything works fine, I have last web drivers and cuda drivers installed and enabled as well as nvda_drv=1 argument in clover. The problem is that my system everytime needs two attempts to boot. First boot right after computer start (power button ON) is everytime interrupted by black screen and spontaneous restart in the middle of the booting process. After this sponatenous restart it everytime boots successfully into fully working system. Any advice?

Hello.
My Nvidia 650 dont work :( When I Turn on My comp and load boot/ i have black windows my monitor/
If i writein clover nv_disable=1 or =0/ my MAC OS booting start windows
But whery slowly work in all frames/ =((

Sory My Very bad English =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back