Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for OS X 10.11.1 (346.03.03)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for good tips of updates.. But anyone knows why the NVIDIA Web Driver goes back to Default OS X Driver after restart?
Is it recommended to have NVIDIA Web Driver as it was on Yosemite?
The system works fine but I'm not sure if its an issue or its OK.

Same problem here... Anyone?

Thank you Macman.

I can confirm this. Since release 346.02.02f03, Photoshop crashes when using the smart sharpener. The nly available fix is to disable OpenCL in the prefs.
Good to know, that I´m not the only one.

Why is nvidia's driver and OpenCL/OpenGL have subpar performance on Macs? It doesn't look like nvidia is serious on fixing this.

Is there a way to somehow force the nvidia web driver during startup? (as in… get the SSD from the mac pro and edit some file or whatever).

I have a 980ti which doesn't show any image at all without the web driver. Now that it boots with the default driver, I can't even change it to the web driver because I can't see anything on-screen.

Basically, the 10.11.1 Update bricked my mac pro :(

Is there a way to somehow force the nvidia web driver during startup? (as in… get the SSD from the mac pro and edit some file or whatever).

I have a 980ti which doesn't show any image at all without the web driver. Now that it boots with the default driver, I can't even change it to the web driver because I can't see anything on-screen.

Basically, the 10.11.1 Update bricked my mac pro :(
If your using a Mac Pro, then you need to either post in the Mac Pro forum section or read the Mac Pro solutions at the MacRumors Forum's Mac Pro section. You solution has been discussed in the NVIDIA sticky thread there. (Since your card probably has not been mod'd with a EFI VBIOS, then hopefully you've turn on screen sharing. Then, you can use another Mac to screen share so you can type in the Terminal "nvpram nv_disable=1", IIRC.)

Thanks,

I thought by getting a mac instead of a hack, I wouldn't have that many problems that need workarounds, but I didn't figure that the GPU is so unsupported by OS X that I can't even install the drivers for it xD

I ordered a used GT120 on ebay, that should allow me to update the driver and then run the 980ti again.

Update: Rebuilt Cache, Clicked OS X web driver and then back to Nvidia Web Driver (one right after another).

Reboot and fixed.

Newest Driver (346.03.03f02) Broke sound and gameplay for me (massive slow stuttering music and about 10 fps even on login screens.... tf2 & diablo 3)

(660ti 4gb Galaxy).

Driver before was working perfect.

What's protocol to revert back to driver before this?

Good stuff from NVIDIA today. Updated to 346.03.03f02 and now Pixelmator works as it should! (No more yellow artifacts) Overall performance seems good to me. Haven't seen any other issues so far.

GTX 970 4GB here. Sound works.

Updated smoothly with the Newest Driver (346.03.03f02).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back