Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for OS X 10.11.1 (346.03.03)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something's wrong with this driver. When running Pixelmator, everything looks yellow. Why is that?

Man, I'm having this weird issue - I updated 10.11.1 - then updated the driver. But it keeps throwing me this error that it is "Unable to open NVIDIA Driver Manager" whenever I boot. The driver is working - the screen displays well and at the proper resolution, my GPU shows as a GTX 970 4095 MB in the system profile. What gives? I've tried reinstalling the thing so many times. I also can't open the pref pane either. Is there an easy way to uninstall everything and start from scratch?

Something's wrong with this driver. When running Pixelmator, everything looks yellow. Why is that?
Probably same bug as aperture
Something that's bugged in driver

There is an issue with RAW format files in last 2 releases of web drivers. Symptoms include:
- RAW photos appear as solid yellow squares in Aperture view area
- RAW photos take a very long time to open in finder or Preview.app

There is some further info in: http://forum.netkas.org/index.php?action=printpage;topic=11137.0 (search for the word "yellow")

This bug has apparently been reported to Nvidia by several people. Hopefully will be fixed in subsequent release.

In the meantime, only option seems to be to roll back to 346.03.01b07, which means rolling back to El Capitan 10.11 (01b07 will not install on 10.11.1).

There is an issue with RAW format files in last 2 releases of web drivers. Symptoms include:
- RAW photos appear as solid yellow squares in Aperture view area
- RAW photos take a very long time to open in finder or Preview.app

There is some further info in: http://forum.netkas.org/index.php?action=printpage;topic=11137.0 (search for the word "yellow")

This bug has apparently been reported to Nvidia by several people. Hopefully will be fixed in subsequent release.

In the meantime, only option seems to be to roll back to 346.03.01b07, which means rolling back to El Capitan 10.11 (01b07 will not install on 10.11.1).

I think it's more than RAW files that are the issue.

I have an app I wrote that makes extensive use of CoreAnimation. CALayers can use CoreImage filters to apply various transforms and effects to the layer(s). Any use of a CoreImage filter causes that CALayer to render as a solid yellow color. Without a CIFilter it renders fine.

I got a 750ti and see there are also Cuda drivers, do I need to install these as well and is the one from 10.11.0 ok?

No1
Other |  i5 4460 |  HD 4600
These drivers are causing an OpenCL crash with Adobe CC 2015 again. This happened before with the drivers for 10.10.4, I believe, but it had been working fine. Disabling OpenCL in Adobe CC apps fixes the crash. Hopefully they update the driver again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back