Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for OS X 10.11.1 (346.03.03)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a quick method to update from 10.11.0 if you have a Maxwell card. The older drivers package does not work with 10.11.1.

If you're using a NVIDIA 'Maxwell' GeForce GTX 750, 750 Ti, 950, 960, 970, 980, 980 Ti, or TITAN X graphics card:

1. Install the 10.11.1 update, and reboot.
2. At Clover boot screen click Options
3. Press Enter on Boot Args line and add nv_disable=1 boot argument, then press Escape
4. Boot into system with no graphics acceleration
5. Install the new drivers.
6. Reboot normally.

:thumbup:

when I add nvda_drv=1 .. it will just boot black screen.. when I boot inject nvidia flickering screen and this
Screen Shot 2015-10-22 at 3.34.04 PM.jpg

when i try no nvidia inject.. flickering screen and web driver is not being selected -.- argh this is pissing me off 2 days fixing it .. still no luck... :(( can somebody help me????!!

when I add nvda_drv=1 .. it will just boot black screen.. when I boot inject nvidia flickering screen and this
View attachment 158128

when i try no nvidia inject.. flickering screen and web driver is not being selected -.- argh this is pissing me off 2 days fixing it .. still no luck... :(( can somebody help me????!!

Have you tried booting into verbose mode with nvda_drv=1? That did it for me.

Hi,

I have Asus GTX 750Ti and I update 10.11 to 10.11.1 I have a correct resolution which is 1366x768 but it can't detect my Nvidia Card, it say's "Display 4Mb" sometimes "NVidia GTX 750Ti 0MB".

I already installed latest NVidia web driver (WebDriver-346.03.03f01) and I used nvda_drv=1 for my clover boot flag. But still have problem on display. (Slow movement because of flickering white horizontal lines).

Thank you very much

Dear Tony, please tell me, this card will be supported? EVGA GTX 970 FTW +. I want to buy it, but very much afraid that it will not operate correctly at Hackintosh. :headbang:

Is it possible to install the updated driver before you update to 10.11.1 so you don't have to touch boot flags?

Yes. It's actually how I like to do it. you'll need Flat Package Editor

1. Download the 10.11.1 driver package. Open it in FPE. Extract distro file.
2. Open it in textedit or whatever. Change system version check from 10.11.1 to 10.11.0 and build number to 10.11.0's build number. Save changes.
3. Delete the distro file that's in the package now, within FPE app.
4. Copy edited one in it's place. Save package and close FPE
5. Run installer. Now installer will happily install 10.11.1 driver into 10.11.0. DO NOT RESTART WHEN INSTALLER IS DONE
6. This will sound awkward, but once the install is finished and asking you to restart, force quit installer. This is required otherwise the 10.11.1 installer will throw an error because of the other "in progress" install (that's actually good and done now).
7. Run 10.11.1 update. When this asks you to reboot, it's ok to do so this time.

VERY IMPORTANT. Once you've installed 10.11.1 driver you must make sure you install 10.11.1 update right away. If you reboot at all before 10.11.1 is installed, the new driver you installed won't run on 10.11.0 if you reboot before updating to 10.11.1.

After installing the new driver I get this. No nvd or nv disable command works. :(

lol, apparently it works if you DO NOT use nvda_drv=1. So, after the update, remove nvda_drv=1 command from boot flags, then it should work.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    736.9 KB · Views: 378
I use 10.11.1 update over 10.11GM. After update I got massage that need to update web drivers. I did it and restart. No problems boot with Strix GTX 960 (nvda_drv=1) everything works but noticed that Memory stuck on 810Mhz minimum in HWmonitor. So memory clock can rise but not downclock and stay on 810Mhz....Is that bug or reality?

it just go black screen.. it won't boot up :(

Hi, was this happening with El Capitan 10.11 or is this happening with 10.11.1 only?

Were you able to fix the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back