Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for OS X 10.11.0 (346.03.02)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever you use the nVidia driver package, you should always wait before updating OSX, until such time as the nVidia driver package is updated too.

This is particularly important if your graphics only work properly with the driver package.

nVidia are usually quite good with their releases and typically update within a couple of days of an updated OSX version.

Great info, thank you

Whenever you use the nVidia driver package, you should always wait before updating OSX, until such time as the nVidia driver package is updated too.

This is particularly important if your graphics only work properly with the driver package.

nVidia are usually quite good with their releases and typically update within a couple of days of an updated OSX version.

I also learned the hard way! Thanks for the tip.

Does anyone have an idea why the system crashes when I try to boot with nv_disable=1 flag? It seems like no gaming for before the drivers are updated by nvidia. Time to read a book?

Yosemite users should also be careful as their variant, update "Security Update 2015-004 1.0", will cause similar issues.

This should be pinned.

I'm dead now. Broke. Can't update to El Capitain and no roll back. Fk Apple.

NVIDIA has just released their first alternate graphics drivers for OS X El Capitan 10.11.

How does one find out when they release newer drivers for Mac OS X? You can't find them using Nvidia's menu for selecting drivers. Seems you have to simply be aware of the link.

Hoping they release 10.11.1 drivers soon.

hey guys... I just got my gtx 750ti ...
i did install the webdriver

add the bootflags:
nv_disable=1
nvda_drv=1

but then i cant seem to make it work.. what am i doing wrong here?

hey guys... I just got my gtx 750ti ...
i did install the webdriver

add the bootflags:
nv_disable=1
nvda_drv=1

but then i cant seem to make it work.. what am i doing wrong here?

For me, before updating this afternoon to 10.11.1, the following was working perfectly with my MSI Geforce GTX950 with web drivers installed:
nvda_drv=1 nv_spanmodepolicy=1

Hope it helps

This should be pinned.

I'm dead now. Broke. Can't update to El Capitain and no roll back. Fk Apple.

This. Pissed because I thought it was just a safari and itunes for that Yosemite update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back