Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for OS X 10.11.0 (346.03.02)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From my view it is not compatible with DxO Optics Pro still. :cry:

Guys, I have one doubt

I'm in 10.11 and with the latest nvidia web drivers, every time the OSX starts when I click on the Nvidia icon shows that is using "OS X Default Graphics Driver" and never starts with "Nvidia web drivers" but I think that is everything ok and tried everything, this is normal?

I'm getting low fps on CS:GO but some other games its ok, overall perfomance its great too(I think)

There is a new update 346.03.02f02 but lowered my Cinebench score from 66fps to 59fps so i went back to 346.03.02f01.

Guys, I have one doubt

I'm in 10.11 and with the latest nvidia web drivers, every time the OSX starts when I click on the Nvidia icon shows that is using "OS X Default Graphics Driver" and never starts with "Nvidia web drivers" but I think that is everything ok and tried everything, this is normal?

I'm getting low fps on CS:GO but some other games its ok, overall perfomance its great too(I think)

If your Clover is flagged with: nvda_drv=1
You are OK :thumbup:

Did the Upgrade from 346.03.02f01 to 346.03.02f02

--> Boot is not possible anymore

The Bar loads but after it' full nothing happens.
I even removed the grafic card, went back to 346.03.02f01 but I still have that problem. Don't know what caused that, before performing the update I had no Problems.

Go to Clover configurator and change your symbios.

According to Nvidia site:
Release Notes Archive:
This driver update is for Mac Pro 5,1 (2010), Mac Pro 4,1 (2009) and Mac Pro 3,1 (2008) users.

BETA support is for iMac 14,2 / 14,3 (2013), iMac 13,1 / 13,2 (2012) and MacBook Pro 11,3 (2013), MacBook Pro 10,1 (2012), and MacBook Pro 9,1 (2012) users.

Mac Pro 5,1 gave my system kernal panics. Mac Pro 3,1 the way to go for me. My system, Gigabyte Z97 UD5HBK GTX970.

Hope this helps.

Hi TheoryD, I;ve got a pretty similar setup to you: GTX 960 (the EVGA SSC one), Asus z97-A and an i7-4790k.

I've literally just installed El Capitan and I'm pretty new to this btw

Anyway, my symbios is setup for Mac Pro 3,1 and I'm trying to use this driver http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/92173/en-us
It installs properly, but then when I try and boot with it, it fails and I have to go and set the nv_disable=1 bootflag to boot with intel HD graphics in order to get through to Mac OS again. What do I do?

Hi TheoryD, I;ve got a pretty similar setup to you: GTX 960 (the EVGA SSC one), Asus z97-A and an i7-4790k.

I've literally just installed El Capitan and I'm pretty new to this btw

Anyway, my symbios is setup for Mac Pro 3,1 and I'm trying to use this driver http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/92173/en-us
It installs properly, but then when I try and boot with it, it fails and I have to go and set the nv_disable=1 bootflag to boot with intel HD graphics in order to get through to Mac OS again. What do I do?

Did you set nvda_drv=1?

Did you set nvda_drv=1?

Wow that worked! Is that something I have to do every time I boot? Also it's only 1080p. How do I get it to output 2560x1440 (which doesn't show up in display settings)?

I'm still very new to this. There's a bunch more I have to do to get wifi, sound and everything working, but I have no idea where I should be looking. Do I use multibeast now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back