Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS Sierra 10.12 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have fixed this temporary by using a DP -> mDP -> Apple Dual-Link DVI adapter.

Would love to get it fixed while using the Dual-Link port on the GPU, as my Dual-Link adapter is kinda unstable (monitor goes black and back on once in a while).

During your tests, did you try anything with inserting NVCAP via Clover? Maybe that will fix our issues.

During your tests, did you try anything with inserting NVCAP via Clover? Maybe that will fix our issues.
Just did, no difference :(

OK, I did some more testing. Setting NVCAP didn't work for me aswell. I rebooted so often, that somehow the BIOS Postscreen was displayed on my secondary (via DVI connected) monitor. And guess what, with both displays connected it worked flawlessly. Your primary Display is connected to DP aswell I guess? You see Bootup on that connected Screen right? Try just to power off your primary display until you see Clover on your secondary screen. Power on the primary and boot, that works for me.

Of course only another workaround, but there must be a bios option or such to tell which is the display to initiate first? Like DVI over DP. Cant find an option so far.

Apple has discontinued support for Mac's older that 2010 which includes the 2008 Mac Pro (3,1). So, using iMac14,2 is the new MP3,1. :thumbup:
Im sorry for the silly question, but i have El Capitan working with iMac12,2. Does this mean that i have to create a new serial number and SmUUID to use iMac14,2? Or this only applies changing the product name?

Im sorry for the silly question, but i have El Capitan working with iMac12,2. Does this mean that i have to create a new serial number and SmUUID to use iMac14,2? Or this only applies changing the product name?
Your System Definition should work fine. The OP was meant for uses of the Mac models not supported in Sierra.

Can someone please explain what is required to get the latest NVIDIA WebDriver working with macOS Sierra?

I'm getting a lot of mixed feedback regarding whether we should be using nvda_drv=1 as stated in the OP where as others in this thread have said that we should be not using nvda_drv=1 but instead adding the following manually to our config.plist. Can someone please cite where this information came from and why?
Code:
    <key>SystemParameters</key>
    <dict>
        <key>NvidiaWeb</key>
        <true/>
    </dict>

You need to install the CUDA drivers separately -> http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-cuda-7.5.30-driver.html

I'm having the same problem as Stevelucky - Everything was running fine on Yosemite, but since Sierra now CUDA acceleration does not work on my graphics card (gtx 760) with the web driver installed, but does work (with errors + lots of crashing) using the internal Sierra driver.
I have Cuda installed separately, and in resolve, after effects, neat video with the web driver it says no computation capable graphics card is installed.

Also - the machine started crashing after moving the GTX card to a pcie-x4 slot instead of the x16, as the dual height GFX card was blocking the PCIEx1 slot needed for the Broadcom card. Is Sierra picky about which GFX card slot it uses?

Guys, i made an error! Updated to 10.12.1 Beta 3 and nVidia Web Driver is incompatible! What can i do now?
P.S. I updated without backup!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back