Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS Sierra 10.12 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Dan, it works with iMac 14,2 and doesn't break El Capitan!!!

These System Definitions are a pure miracle to me, as this definition is not even near my actual build,
neither was the Pro 3,1 I used before...

BR, Karlson.

Thanks Dan, it works with iMac 14,2 and doesn't break El Capitan!!!

These System Definitions are a pure miracle to me, as this definition is not even near my actual build,
neither was the Pro 3,1 I used before...

BR, Karlson.

No problem. I used iMac 12.2 since Mavericks, but now with Sierra had to change to 14.2 and patch some stuff in DSDT. :)

Apple has discontinued support for Mac's older that 2010 which includes the 2008 Mac Pro (3,1). So, using iMac14,2 is the new MP3,1. :thumbup:

I am still having problems with my NVidia web driver not being persistent, I have the same issue in the current el capitan. I install latest drivers my plist has the flag set but sierra requires nv_disable=1 or it just reboots and El Capitan with latest release boots ok but still shows the non web version on the NVidia pref pane. I have tried using the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi from Clover configurator as well. I have never had problems with this but both of my skylake machines ( exact duplicate hardware ) do the same thing with sierra and the latest el capitan. I feel like I'm missing something obvious....

For whatever reason nvda_drv=1 boot flag stopped working with Sierra PB2. Also, it seems like NVRAM is not persisent anymore on my Hack, so nVidia web driver does initiate, it just restarts during boot (before stage 2).

I did the following (as suggested by others)

1. Added nvda_drv=1 to my nvram: sudo nvram nvda_drv=1
2. Exported the nvram to a plist file: nvram -x -p >nvram.plist
3. Moved nvram.plist to the root: sudo mv ./nvram.plist /nvram.plist
4. To be sure, I made it accessible for all (this might be superfluous): sudo chmod 777 /nvram.plist
5. Made nvram.plist hidden for Finder (for aesthetic reasons): chflags hidden /nvram.plist
6. Enabled EmuVariableUefi-64.efi using Clover Configurator
7. Rebooted

This fixed the nvidia driver issue for me.

Excellent, I found similar info at one of the other sites and will try it when I get home... Thx !

That did the trick !! Thanks... now to get my wired ethernet back.

Last edited:
Help me!!!
After the installation of nvidia web driver for macOS Sierra, the monitor just go to sleep as soon as the machine done its booting proccess!
When I try all of these boot flag: nv_disable=1 -x -v GraphicsEnabler=0 nvda-drv=0, none of them seems to work. The monitor will go to sleep as soon as the machine done its booting!
Any suggestion here? Please help!
And sorry for my bad English though :)

My GTX 970 is working fine no graphical Bugs in the system only in the login screen but it's only a buggy background. System functions normal.

My boot-args are: dart=0 nvda_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1
Have a nice day :)

Help me!!!
After the installation of nvidia web driver for macOS Sierra, the monitor just go to sleep as soon as the machine done its booting proccess!
When I try all of these boot flag: nv_disable=1 -x -v GraphicsEnabler=0 nvda-drv=0, none of them seems to work. The monitor will go to sleep as soon as the machine done its booting!
Any suggestion here? Please help!
And sorry for my bad English though :)

Try my Boot flags for me it's working with: dart=0 nvda_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1
Then you might also try with -v for verbose boot and -f to refresh the caches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back