Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS Sierra 10.12.6 (378.05.05.25)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just install gtx 1050ti drivers for Sierra 10.12.6 installed I downloaded the Nvidia Web Driver 378.05.05.25f01, installed it and shut down the machine to get the Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti in place. The GPU doesn't appear in the ECC submenu in the Manager and every time I click the option of "NVIDIA Web Driver" on the manager and restart it doesn't stick. The OS comes back to Default Graphics Driver. Thoughts?

I installed Sierra 10.12.6 with GTX 1050 Ti graphics card in ASUS Z170 pro gaming with Intel i7-6700K processor 16GB RAM DDR4 in graphic properties its shows only Intel graphics only how to fix this problem if their is any solution please tell me how to fix this problem
Your NVRAM is not being saved across boots/reboots. In MultiBeast for Sierra, just select the following:
Bootloaders > Clover UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM
Build > Install​

After the MultiBeast installation has completed, reset to the Nvidia web driver and reboot.

i tried it failed too
please tell me if any other method are there its show me

Attachments

• IMG-20180728-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20180728-WA0000.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 251
  • P_20180804_211823_SRES.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 231
Last edited:
hi i tried this method too but its shows in the image below please help to solve this problem

Attachments

• P_20180804_211834_SRES.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 242
I'm going from a GTX960 to a 1060 this week. Should work out of the box...right?

My system is running fine with the 960 and the latest webdrivers (updated with the nvidia update script), but the card's fan failed and cost-wise doesn't make sense for me to get another 960 right now, so I'm jumping to the 1060. I'm expecting it to work since it's the same drivers, or should I prepare something more in advance?

Thanks!

I'm going from a GTX960 to a 1060 this week. Should work out of the box...right?
You will need to update your webdrivers after installing but 1060 on 10.12 is solid.

You will need to update your webdrivers after installing but 1060 on 10.12 is solid.

Cool, I hope I'm able to boot fine after replacing the cards. Thanks!

My system is running fine with the 960 and the latest webdrivers (updated with the nvidia update script), but the card's fan failed and cost-wise doesn't make sense for me to get another 960 right now, so I'm jumping to the 1060. I'm expecting it to work since it's the same drivers, or should I prepare something more in advance?

Thanks!

@diogocme,

If i was in your shoes I would get a Sapphire AMD RX 580 as it's future proof for MacOS and you will be able to update to Mojave.
There are no Nvidia drivers for Mojave and it's not looking like we'll see anything soon.

Although on paper the Nvidia GTX 1060 is slightly more powerful, the AMD RX 580 has 8GB RAM and will perform much better than a GTX 1060 in MacOS. The GTX 1060 only has 6GB RAM I think.

Sapphire have some good offers on at the Nitro RX580 at the moment ... or wait for Black Friday .. not long now and you might be able to get a good deal on Vega 56 or 64 if you want more GPU power than RX 580 offers.

Note: If you do go with RX 580 you can go with any brand except XFX as their VBIOS is not MacOS compatible.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Hi,

I've just successfully made a fresh install of macOS High Sierra but I got some troubles to get my GPU work correctly.
As long as I've not installed web drivers, everything seems to be fine. But After installing Nvidia web drivers and enable it into clover, my system start to act strangly.

The problem is on startup, when web drivers are enable (I can see NVDAStartupWeb : Web on logs) macOS take 10 min to start and when I finally see the desktop, it seems to be unstable. The strangest things is I can't see the GPU's anymore into the "about this mac" pop up or into the system report, in the PCI list. Looks like when I enable web drivers the system is so slow and can't see my graphics cards.

Anyone got an idea ? I already tried different tricks with clover but without success.

Configuration :

- Asus Sabertooth X99 (up to date and patched)
- i7 6950X
- 2x GTX 1080
- 64 GB RAM
- NVMe 970 (APFS)

Thanks.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2018-11-03 à 23.37.05.png
    Capture d’écran 2018-11-03 à 23.37.05.png
    84.2 KB · Views: 212
  • Sans titre.jpg
    Sans titre.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 157
@diogocme,

If i was in your shoes I would get a Sapphire AMD RX 580 as it's future proof for MacOS and you will be able to update to Mojave.
There are no Nvidia drivers for Mojave and it's not looking like we'll see anything soon.

Although on paper the Nvidia GTX 1060 is slightly more powerful, the AMD RX 580 has 8GB RAM and will perform much better than a GTX 1060 in MacOS. The GTX 1060 only has 6GB RAM I think.

Sapphire have some good offers on at the Nitro RX580 at the moment ... or wait for Black Friday .. not long now and you might be able to get a good deal on Vega 56 or 64 if you want more GPU power than RX 580 offers.

Note: If you do go with RX 580 you can go with any brand except XFX as their VBIOS is not MacOS compatible.

Cheers
Jay

Hey Jay, thanks for the insights but the ship has sailed. Card should arrive today.

What would you describe as "much better"? Asking because I think the Nvidia drivers seem to be pretty bad, so a switch to AMD could be interesting for the future. In terms of RAM I'm okay with 6GB or even 4Gb since I don't plan on going above 1080p so that's fine, but the poor performance of my current GTX 960 makes me think that the drivers are pretty bad. It's okay for office work and audio editing (my main thing) but sometimes I edit video and the 960 performs poorly, way worse than my 2015 Macbook Pro with the Intel onboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back