Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS Sierra 10.12.6 (378.05.05.25)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am having an issue with my machine every time I return to my computer after it being on screen saver for over 10 min. I log back in and my computer freezes for about 20-30 seconds and then it slowly starts to come back to life. I have checked some logs and I see the graphic cards memory is being overloaded when the screen saver comes on. I have been seeing this issue since I have upgraded to sierra and have not had the time to post anything. I have updated the drives for the graphics card and updated the os for every release. I have tried to change the SMBIOS to a few other options and completed a fresh install of the OS. If anyone can help me with this issue I would greatly appreciate it.

GTX 750TI

So I am having an issue with my machine every time I return to my computer after it being on screen saver for over 10 min. I log back in and my computer freezes for about 20-30 seconds and then it slowly starts to come back to life.
May be related to this.

I'm running a Kaby Lake motherboard and i7 - and using an nVidia GTX-285. I notice on nVidia's web site, they say these new 10.12.6 drivers support the GTX-285.

However, I believe that the GTX-285 is already supported natively in 10.12.6?

Is there any advantage for me to install the 10.16.6 nVidia drivers?

Hi,

the webdriver is running fine here in 10.12.6 and a 1050ti. The only problem is the clocking of the card: If I directly run luxmark after reboot (and finished loading), either the performance is quite high (like ~6000) or after next reboot or wakeup very low, only at 1000-1500. After next reboot, performance is again 6000.

Did I miss some common kext oder injection? Everything works fine, only sometimes it is very slow, sometimes not.

Did you guys disable all PCIE powermanagement in your bios?

EDIT: Ok, it seems I did something wrong with luxmark: It runs very slow, if safari still is open, it runs fast when safari was quit before...

Last edited:
Webdriver installed and running fine on 10.12.6 and a 1050ti. On the third or so reboot it fails to boot up it loads with the bar about 3/4 and it switches off. Tried doing fresh install and does the same thing after a few restarts

So I am having an issue with my machine every time I return to my computer after it being on screen saver for over 10 min. I log back in and my computer freezes for about 20-30 seconds and then it slowly starts to come back to life. I have checked some logs and I see the graphic cards memory is being overloaded when the screen saver comes on. I have been seeing this issue since I have upgraded to sierra and have not had the time to post anything. I have updated the drives for the graphics card and updated the os for every release. I have tried to change the SMBIOS to a few other options and completed a fresh install of the OS. If anyone can help me with this issue I would greatly appreciate it.

GTX 750TI

I have same problem with GTX 970. Mine started when webdrivers got pascal support.

So Web Drivers work as expected, however I have a few issues, not sure they are related to WebDriver or OSX (10.12.6).

1.) Cannot play Netflix in Safari, does not work at all. ITunes HD works.
2.) Some games crashes more or less instantly, i.e. Transport Fever
3.) I have no Power Management on my card. I need to first boot into Windows and manually set fan speed etc and reboot to OSX.

What would be the best action(s) to get PowerManagement? Replace AGPM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back