Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS Sierra 10.12.6 (378.05.05.25)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my problem. I've got this error on my verbose screen after the installation of the new Nvidia drivers - no Graphics cards support, nothing showing in the card slot, no graphics support, just the message Nvidia Chip model 8 MB. It's a GTX980(sc) edition card.

FATAL GM204 not supported yet
FATAL unsupported chipset 0x124000a1

For those of you who are having issues with the new driver, I wonder if having multiple monitors connected to a more recent vintage card may be the cause of some issues. On my machine, I have three monitors, and I noticed that after the new driver was installed, I was unable to boot to the desktop even though I could see the Nvidia Web driver detected when booting. So, on a hunch, I unplugged one monitor, and the desktop boots right up. Plugging in the third monitor after I log in results in all monitors working like they did previously.

This reminds me of problems with old video cards from ten years ago back in the early days...

My upgrade went off without a hitch. Did the upgrade via MAS and on reboot installed the NVIDA web drivers. Reboot again and both monitors are up and running and no glitching video.

Anybody having issues with their GTX 1050Ti freezing the system or causing reboots after coming out of putting the display to sleep or from activating the screensaver? Running it on a Display Port using a LG 31MU97-B monitor Sierra 10.12.16 and Web Drivers.

I have problems too with my new Gigabyte 1050Ti OC low profile connected to 2 monitors (one DP at 2560x1440 and one HDMI at 1920x1080):
• I had a reboot after a wake up from sleep (oddly, it does not happen amymore).
• I have to disconnect the DP monitor before booting or rebooting, otherwise i get blackscreen on both monitors.

My previous graphic card (Gigabyte 750Ti OC low profile) with the same connected monitors, did not show this behaviour and was working perfectly with this latest drivers.

So I guess it's more a Pascal architecture problem...

Has anyone tested the new drivers with Adobe Camera Raw? Previous versions showed image corruption and tearing when GPU acceleration is enabled.

have same issues whit Photoshop CC
glitching and squares whit zoom tool
so sad****

Has anyone tested the new drivers with Adobe Camera Raw? Previous versions showed image corruption and tearing when GPU acceleration is enabled.

Try disable OPENCL acelleration only, in preferences>performance>advanced settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back