Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS Sierra 10.12.6 (378.05.05.25)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just came here to say that this update installed this morning has fixed a load of problems I was having on my recent build - GTX1080 Sierra Asus Maxiumus IX 7700K o/c 4.5GHz 64Gb.

I was having problems with my 3 screens not being detected at initial boot, black screens and Xcode not displaying 3D assets in the SceneKit editor - now they all seem to be working! outstanding!
How? Do you have the Lilu.kext or have you applied the AGPDFix? Can you tell us which steps you've done? What's your config.plist?
I updated and I still have the 3 screens problem on initial boot. Deep sleep problem on multiple display is still present too.

Thanks!

How? Do you have the Lilu.kext or have you applied the AGPDFix? Can you tell us which steps you've done? What's your config.plist?
I updated and I still have the 3 screens problem on initial boot. Deep sleep problem on multiple display is still present too.

Thanks!
i just installed sierra 10.12.6 today. everything works fine except the asus gtx1080 graphic card. it just wont detect it.
i have the lilu.kext and nvidiafixup one too, i tried all iMac 14,1 and 14,2 and 17,1 and 18,1 and many none work. i have web drivers enabled in the config.plist and also the latest web drivers installed in the hackintosh rig.
(p.s. i m on kaby lake i7 7700) can you suggest me a fix ?
also added ssdt-uiac.aml (dont know what it is for but a guide said so did it.)
also inject intel is deselected.

Hi.

I have a GTX 970 and I'm trying to install the 10.12.6 driver.

After the instalation I go to the settings and try to change from the default nvidia drivers to the web driver, when i make the change it asks to reboot, but it always comeback to the other option, it won't stick.

My mobo is b150m-c/br

And I'm having trouble with sound too.

Hi.

After the instalation I go to the settings and try to change from the default nvidia drivers to the web driver, when i make the change it asks to reboot, but it always comeback to the other option, it won't stick.

My mobo is b150m-c/br

The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

BIOS - Disable Integrated graphics - Set PEG as Primary
Use a digital connection - DVI or HDMI - VGA is not supported.
Boot with nv_disable=1
May need to update Clover
Install web drivers
Config.plist - Do not inject Intel or Nvidia graphics and no ig-platform-id
Config.plist - Disable SIP fully - CsrActiveConfig 0x67
Edit config.plist - NvidiaWeb = true as per Link
May need to emulate native NVRAM - Problem 6
Remove nv_disable=1 from config.plist
May need to install Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext to /Library/Extensions

Hi.

My mobo is b150m-c/br

sounds like your motherboard dosent support nvmam. have to load EmuVariableUefi-64.efi for it to remember the change.

BIOS - Disable Integrated graphics - Set PEG as Primary
Use a digital connection - DVI or HDMI - VGA is not supported.
Boot with nv_disable=1
May need to update Clover
Install web drivers
Config.plist - Do not inject Intel or Nvidia graphics and no ig-platform-id
Config.plist - Disable SIP fully - CsrActiveConfig 0x67
Edit config.plist - NvidiaWeb = true as per Link
May need to emulate native NVRAM - Problem 6
Remove nv_disable=1 from config.plist
May need to install Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext to /Library/Extensions

sounds like your motherboard dosent support nvmam. have to load EmuVariableUefi-64.efi for it to remember the change.

After a lot of fight i managed to make it work.

Follow the P1LGRIM steps.

Thanks guys

i just installed sierra 10.12.6 today. everything works fine except the asus gtx1080 graphic card. it just wont detect it.
i have the lilu.kext and nvidiafixup one too, i tried all iMac 14,1 and 14,2 and 17,1 and 18,1 and many none work. i have web drivers enabled in the config.plist and also the latest web drivers installed in the hackintosh rig.
(p.s. i m on kaby lake i7 7700) can you suggest me a fix ?
also added ssdt-uiac.aml (dont know what it is for but a guide said so did it.)
also inject intel is deselected.
I had the very same problem with my previous build. I was forced to remove my GTX 1080 until I changed my mobo. After that it worked. I'm not sure if it was the Motherboard or whatelse, actually I've upgraded all my system. Btw I'm not using Lilu.kext neither nvidiafixup, I've just AGDPFixed my AppleGraphicsControl.kext, Lilu gave me some problems in the past.

EDIT: I'm using MacPro6,1 as SMBIOS, dunno if it can help or not.

I had the very same problem with my previous build. I was forced to remove my GTX 1080 until I changed my mobo. After that it worked. I'm not sure if it was the Motherboard or whatelse, actually I've upgraded all my system. Btw I'm not using Lilu.kext neither nvidiafixup, I've just AGDPFixed my AppleGraphicsControl.kext, Lilu gave me some problems in the past.

EDIT: I'm using MacPro6,1 as SMBIOS, dunno if it can help or not.
I got it fixed. just ran MultiBeast and in UEFI Bootloaders I added + emulated NVRAM option, and it started working

Still have problems with my 1050ti. Glitches at Menu Bar and Scroll Bar, for example. 2 Solutions: Run 10.12.4, or run 10.12.6 with the web drivers of 10.12.4 and edit info.plist. Never backed up and restored as many as the last weeks ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back