Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS Sierra 10.12.6 (378.05.05.25)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After install the latest Security update, the 378.05.05.25f01 not working. Is there a beta driver somewhere? On the Nvidia site I can not find it.

After install the latest Security update, the 378.05.05.25f01 not working. Is there a beta driver somewhere? On the Nvidia site I can not find it.
Are you on 16G1023 now??? this is a beta security update it has not been released to the public.

Same here. (16G1036). Do you think new drivers are going to be available soon? Is there any way to "correct" the OS version in the driver to make it compatible? (Plist or something like that)

followed the steps to update the info.plist file, tried all the fixes on here and I can't seem to get Nvidia drivers to work at all. is there a way to update to 16G1023?

followed the steps to update the info.plist file, tried all the fixes on here and I can't seem to get Nvidia drivers to work at all. is there a way to update to 16G1023?
Can you get to the Desktop after update..?

well, I got it working. There was someone either on this thread or another (I can't the post for the life of me right now), and he posted his EFI file that was working. I just copied his over and everything is working great! I know this isn't helpful for people who are still troubleshooting, so if I find the post I'll link it.

On a separate note, my primary monitor is connected via display port and all works fine, my second monitor works fine too, but only if I connect it after boot. The second monitor is connected via DVI, and if its plugged in when I boot then I only get black screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
newhackchuck,

Since we're not telepathic, we need to know your system components. See the tonymacx86 Forum Rules & Policies on signature block components.

Additionally, please provide complete details in your Profile.

Mobo: motherboard manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model (e.g., i7-4770K)
Graphics: Video card manufacturer/model and/or Intel Integrated Graphics version (e.g., HD4600)

See my Profile items to the left of my post, under my name.

By completing your Profile and signature block, you help us help you better. :thumbup:

newhackchuck,

Since we're not telepathic, we need to know your system components. See the tonymacx86 Forum Rules & Policies on signature block components.

Additionally, please provide complete details in your Profile.

Mobo: motherboard manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model (e.g., i7-4770K)
Graphics: Video card manufacturer/model and/or Intel Integrated Graphics version (e.g., HD4600)

See my Profile items to the left of my post, under my name.

By completing your Profile and signature block, you help us help you better. :thumbup:
Thanks for the help. It's my first couple posts on here. I updated my profile.
I was doing some research why the system could be giving me black screen. My secondary monitor is connected via DVI, and my primary is Display port, and it seems that the NVIDIA input boot priority is VGA->DVI->HDMI->Display Port . I also ready that people who were using VGA and DVI connections and getting black screens had to switch to HDMI, because analog signals were causing black screens. I could connect my second monitor via hdmi, but then I would only be able to output at 60hz, even though its a 144hz monitor (due to the limitations of hdmi). There must be a way to have the GPU choose the Display port connection first, then the DVI connection. Thanks again for the help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back