Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS Sierra 10.12.6 (378.05.05.25)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
After installing latest security update for 10.12.6, I get a kernel panic on Startup.
Any idea what can be done?

Boot in single user mode is working. I installed latest NVidia driver, but this did not change anything.
Hi
Have you solved the problem? I'm encounting the same problem now...

Weird. Did the whole uninstall w/ Nvidia. Edited my system version to the past one. Rebooted and installed the older nvidia graphics one and edited the nvidia (listed elsewhere) kext with build number (which I guess didn't matter since I ended up uninstalling it, I think that's the incorrect way to do it but my issues are solved now). Was getting errors on boot. Did not work. Put my sytem version back to current and updated my nvidia drivers and all my rendering/menu bar issues were gone.

I was screwing around with a lot of stuff so couldn't tell you exact steps. Could have maybe even been solved just by reinstalling the latest drivers manually? Seems so good so far. Wasn't having cuda issues before and cuda performance is the same. Rest is fixed tho running latest on 10.12.6 w/ security patch and latest build ID (16G1212)

I experienced the same issues with the security patch upgrade. I keep a timemachine which helped bring back my system from a black panic screen. I am running on the default nvidia drivers from Mac OS install. The Nvidia web driver update program says there are no compatibile drivers. I wholly recommending making sure that there is one for the updates of the System from Mac before doing the updates. For now I am searching to see if there are any updates from Nvidia to allow their web drivers to work again.

First my issue could be caused because I have a 760 alongside a gtx 1060 plugged in. Even tho bios are set to boot from the 1060 pci slot with all monitors plugged into it it wouldn't boot consistently (I think the OS was picking the 760 instead of the 1060 or whatever card came available first). Plugging one of my monitors into the 760 seems to have fixed the issues. I'm getting fine cuda performance and just have my smaller monitor powered by the 760.

Second I have tried messing with accessibility settings for translucent reduction and white/black menu bar. Neither have solved the issue. Besides some missing icons on the menu bar (which I can still click). Things seem to be working smoothly and again fine cuda performance. Also the maybe once a day moments where I get an almost kernel panic like message but 99% of my screen stays the same and I get a message with white text/ black saying glock failed something etc in the top left of the monitor.. (Seen it on different screens different times). It just takes me to the login screen and I log back in and most everything I was doing is just restored but it's pretty annoying. Might try unplugging my 760 and see if it removes the issue. Since no one else seems to be reporting issues.

Third (johnnytucats) your profile says 10.11.6 and this is specific to 10.12.6. Just making sure you are in the right place.

williamzerx there are posted driver links on the first page of this thread if you need a specific web driver version.

hi tony
i am using gigabyte z270m-d3h motherboard with zotec 1050ti 4gb graphic card
i installed os siera on this pc but unable to install graphic or lan drive could u help me pls

pawan544 Did you get far enough to download the nvidia drivers and select them on the OS side? Is it set in your config? Unable to install is pretty vague.

It got so quite around this issue. Did everyone resolve it simply by reverting to the former driver ? I´d like to update but still hold off doing so.

If you read through my trials/tribulations. I ended up updating to latest everything and moving all my monitor inputs to my 1060 (which is what BIOS was always ment to boot to). Have my 760 still plugged in for cuda usage but it's booting off the correct card and no glitching. So I would say latest drivers are fine if all your monitors are plugged into the same card in my personal xp. I don't think my reverting/reinstalling had anything do with fixing because was still having graphical issues before moving my other monitor input to the 1060. So yea seems fixed to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back