Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS Sierra 10.12.5 (378.05.05.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you try 14,2 SMBIOS and remove Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup temporarily?

Hmmm, I will try that, so as to gather as much data as possible. But I would view using a system definition other than the one that corresponds to my CPU platform as a last resort.

No reboots on IGPU, so I'm going to see what else I can figure out.

Decided to give it a try. Doesn't work on ASUS GTX 1070, displays graphics card model as "NVidia chip model 7mb" but no acceleration and UI is very slow. Does anybody know how to fix it?

Thanks but it doesn't help! I'm in Legacy mode so I can't use the NVRAM fix and I have everything set up in Clover (Inject Nvidia = NO and NvidiaWeb = YES) - it doesn't help.

The driver is installed, no black screen I can see that Web drivers are active in the Preferences but they just don't work :(

The definition is iMac 14,2

I guess I might have picked a bad day to install my first hackintosh
intel i5 6500
gigabyte GA-H110M-A Lga 1151 motherboard
cruicial 16 gb memory
Sandisk ssd
Nvidia 950 video card (took from another computer)
used an old case--if I had just gotten a gigabyte intel cpu board instead of of amd board, I could have tried this a long time ago...

I used my macbook laptop but it was already updated to macos sierra 10.12.5
followed the install guide here-which was great

unfortunately while the machine boots up, I can't get the nvidia web drivers to install--they do, and I reboot--and...it reverts back to the OSX version.

Sound is also not working, but more important to get graphics working first.

At least...it looks pretty cool! (i picked the typical imac, 27 inch imac late 2013) to avoid issues--no black screens yet

(OOOPS)
Just read on the NVRAM fix, and that made the nvidia drivers STICK finally- huge difference

so the monitor on the displayport is working...but not hdmi...so I guess I wont be driving two 4K monitors yet...next project..eh?
does anyone have any recommend cards that can drive two 4k displays at 60hz?

Last edited:
so the monitor on the displayport is working...but not hdmi...so I guess I wont be driving two 4K monitors yet...next project..eh?
does anyone have any recommend cards that can drive two 4k displays at 60hz?

You won't get 4k on HDMI 2.0. You need to use dual displayport. Or there is also supposedly a single displayport to HDMI 2.0 adapter (can't recall the brand, but it has been posted here somewhere) that can do 4k @ 60hz.

You won't get 4k on HDMI 2.0. You need to use dual displayport. Or there is also supposedly a single displayport to HDMI 2.0 adapter (can't recall the brand, but it has been posted here somewhere) that can do 4k @ 60hz.

Thanks! I just bit the bullet and got an evga 1060 card, with 3 DP 1.4 ports that should work...in theory
uh
how does one get a hackintosh ready for a gpu card upgrade?

Thanks! I just bit the bullet and got an evga 1060 card, with 3 DP 1.4 ports that should work...in theory
uh
how does one get a hackintosh ready for a gpu card upgrade?
This thread may be of assistance.

Hmmm, I will try that, so as to gather as much data as possible. But I would view using a system definition other than the one that corresponds to my CPU platform as a last resort.

No reboots on IGPU, so I'm going to see what else I can figure out.

I got reboots again with 10.12.5 and AGDPFix 1.3, so no difference there. I'm trying now with the iMac14,2 system definition. I do have different CPU states now, but after regenerating my SSDT the full range still seems to be there, so I guess that's okay.

Update: it still reboots. 10.12.5 and the Pascal card just does not work for me.

Last edited:
Someone could get two monitors working with nvidia web drivers?

I have MacOS 10.12.5 and the latest web drivers

My system definition is 14,2

I have one GTX 1080ti Founders Edition with two monitors, both are conected via DP on my card

With one Monitor the system works perfect, when I start de second one, it doesn´t get any images eventhough it is detect by OSX.

Tried everything, Lilu kext, Nvidia Fix kext, nvidia_drv=1.....

Any help will be apreciatted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back