Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS Sierra 10.12.5 (378.05.05.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, the updated drivers did not fix the wake-up from sleep problem of a scrambled and flickering screen for GTX 1060 owners. :(

Agh! I was hopeful for a second. Perhaps these new drivers were just quickly pushed out for the sake of keeping up with the OS X updates. I'm guessing that they're still working on a 1060 fix. (Although, I am still disappointed...)

What are the boxes checked in your System Preferences Energy Saver pane?

To add to this: I am using HDMI for my main monitor and DVI for my second, and I receive the same issue. I actually took it up with NVIDIA, and they were able to replicate the issue on their lab machines. I have yet to try out the new driver myself, but I was hoping it would contain the fix. I guess we'll have to wait a little bit longer. Perhaps this one didn't include the fix because they might still be working on said fix yet simply needed to get an OS X update driver out in a hurry.

Mildly relieved I'm not alone. Just got my 1060 last week! Didn't see this coming. Also, not seeing a thread to watch on this. Hmmm...

There's a thread that I've been posting in. Just look up the issue and you might see it. I last posted that I had gotten through to NVIDIA, and that they were able to replicate this issue and are working on fixing it. I guess they haven't finished.

Last edited by a moderator:
Managed To Get It To Work! HOORAY! Basically Put The File Below Into You EFI/Clover/Drivers64UEFI, Also, I Screwed It Up First Time Round With Clover So I Just Extracted The File Instead So No One Else Would Have To Go Through The Trouble I Went Through ;/

EDIT: Also Make Sure You Have The Latest Update With Latest Web Drivers, Only Use This IF You Select Use nVidia Web Drivers But When You Restart It Goes Back To OS X Default.
Thank you man! Been trying to sort this out for hours, thanks to your post its sorted!

tried following toleda's DSDT patching guide?web drivers aren't going to fix HDMI audio in any of the cards :p
@niclasc no the update will show after you boot to 10.12.5
I already had try everything my friend =`(

Installed the drivers and set Nvidia web to true but it still won't detect my gtx 1070, anyone knows why?

I get the Nvidia logo on top and the drivers are indeed set to Nvidia web driver, but resolution is still crap and I get Nvidia chip model 7mb under About this mac..

thoughts?

I have an H170 system with a GTX 1050 Ti, and since updating to 10.12.5 and the new Web drivers, I get sudden reboots. One time I was booted with the Clover option to not reboot on panic, and it froze instead. Most times it has been when I was away from the computer, but it happened once while I was using it. One other 1050ti user, in the 10.12.5 update thread, reported seeing freezes.

I use an i7-6700 processor, the iMac17,1 system definition and Lilu+NvidiaGraphicsFixup.

I have disconnected the GPU and I'll run it on integrated graphics for a while, to try to determine if the Nvidia driver is the cause of the reboots.

I have an H170 system with a GTX 1050 Ti, and since updating to 10.12.5 and the new Web drivers, I get sudden reboots. One time I was booted with the Clover option to not reboot on panic, and it froze instead. Most times it has been when I was away from the computer, but it happened once while I was using it. One other 1050ti user, in the 10.12.5 update thread, reported seeing freezes.

I use an i7-6700 processor, the iMac17,1 system definition and Lilu+NvidiaGraphicsFixup.

I have disconnected the GPU and I'll run it on integrated graphics for a while, to try to determine if the Nvidia driver is the cause of the reboots.

Can you try 14,2 SMBIOS and remove Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup temporarily?

Today after reading this thread I bit the bullet and went a picked up a gigabyte 1050ti (windforce oc 4g), Installed the drivers and added the line to clover config, shut down the machine and changed the card out, rebooted and all seems to be good so far!
I had a ati 7700 and it used verde.kext to fix black screen issue.. so after reboot sudo rm -r /path/to/verde.kext/
Havent tried sleep yet as ati card wouldn't wake so have never used it.
edit- sleep works as expected! woohoo!

I updated to 10.12.5 successfully, but still can't my nvidia to work after driver update. I simply get black screen. I tried the method with a AGDPfix to patch, but no result, still black screen. Before that I didn't get any trouble with 10.12.4.

Please give me a tipp to try....

Edit : Problem fixed, changed the board ID, took that from Imac 14,2. Now works fine

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back