Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS Sierra 10.12.5 (378.05.05.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Managed To Get It To Work! HOORAY! Basically Put The File Below Into You EFI/Clover/Drivers64UEFI, Also, I Screwed It Up First Time Round With Clover So I Just Extracted The File Instead So No One Else Would Have To Go Through The Trouble I Went Through ;/

EDIT: Also Make Sure You Have The Latest Update With Latest Web Drivers, Only Use This IF You Select Use nVidia Web Drivers But When You Restart It Goes Back To OS X Default.

Cool. Glad you figured it out. That must be why I'm not seeing the problem as I have had that EFI file in there since installing 10.12.4 (and now 10.12.5) plus Clover in my new system. And next time, you can save yourself some trouble by using Clover Configurator and going to the "Install Drivers" tab near the bottom of the left-hand pane for a one-stop selection of that and other drivers.

Unfortunately, the updated drivers did not fix the wake-up from sleep problem of a scrambled and flickering screen for GTX 1060 owners. :(

Mildly relieved I'm not alone. Just got my 1060 last week! Didn't see this coming. Also, not seeing a thread to watch on this. Hmmm...

Will the new driver work with Geforce GT 640 cards? I've never used the web driver and wanted to give it a spin. But when I reboot, it defaults back to the OSX driver.

Will the new driver work with Geforce GT 640 cards? I've never used the web driver and wanted to give it a spin. But when I reboot, it defaults back to the OSX driver.
Probably Problem 6.
The GTX 640 has native support - Web drivers not required.

Probably Problem 6.
The GTX 640 has native support - Web drivers not required.
So, absolutely no real reason to go with the Web drivers for Sierra, no advantage, etc.? I just wanted to experiment with this for when I do upgrade. The GT 640 is good for what I do now and it's fanless.

I do have a 100 mobo, so that extra setting would be needed. But, from what I understand, the Fix: setup emulated NVRAM to store the nvda_drv=1 boot flag in boot-args, is not valid in Sierra. So, I might cause myself some setback rather the test drive I wanted.

No HDMI 2.0 is not supported by either Apple or Nvidia. BTW Club3D DP 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 adapter works perfectly to get 4K @ 60 hz over HDMI cable. But you have to plug that adapter AFTER every reboot. If the adapter is plugged in and if Sierra reboots, we get a blank screen.

Possible solutions:
1. Wait for Nvidia to enable HDMI 2.0 support and override Apple's operating system blocking it.
2. Wait for Apple to release iMacs/macMinis with HDMI 2.0/2.1 ports and we will get 4K @ 60 Hz automatically with next macOS version 10.13
3. There is a dude who makes pixel patch to force HDMI port to output to 4K @ 60 hz using custom resolution. But it still doesn't work. Wait for him to figure things out.

So basically there is no clear good solution in sight apart from buying "Club3D DP 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 active adapter". But you need to do the unplugging and replugging drama upon every boot.
Otherwise we have to wait.

Just adding my 5cents, my issues with DP to HDMI 2.0 are slightly different: I don't need to plug/replug after every boot, my Nvidia 1080 shows fine after booting, issues came after sleep, and/or multiple outputs. It's a weird behaviour, everything leads to issues with HDMI 2.0 panels. 4K screen with DP to DP cabling works properly.

No, I wouldn't think so. emuvariableuefi-64-efi is used for preserving NVRAM between boots. I correct the glitches upon wake up by logging out and logging back in. It's fun to get to the logout menu item, but it works.

No HDMI 2.0 is not supported by either Apple or Nvidia. BTW Club3D DP 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 adapter works perfectly to get 4K @ 60 hz over HDMI cable. But you have to plug that adapter AFTER every reboot. If the adapter is plugged in and if Sierra reboots, we get a blank screen.

Possible solutions:
1. Wait for Nvidia to enable HDMI 2.0 support and override Apple's operating system blocking it.
2. Wait for Apple to release iMacs/macMinis with HDMI 2.0/2.1 ports and we will get 4K @ 60 Hz automatically with next macOS version 10.13
3. There is a dude who makes pixel patch to force HDMI port to output to 4K @ 60 hz using custom resolution. But it still doesn't work. Wait for him to figure things out.

So basically there is no clear good solution in sight apart from buying "Club3D DP 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 active adapter". But you need to do the unplugging and replugging drama upon every boot.
Otherwise we have to wait.

Yes I have 4K 60Hz through the HDMI output

MacOS Sierra 10.12.5
GTX 1080 Zotac AMP Edition
Samsung KS7500 Series 7

But for some reason it is necessary to disconnect the DisplayPort Cable from my Samsung monitor "28 even though this also supports 4K 60Hz resolution

I still have not tried connecting both "55 +" 28 with HDMI cable

Sorry for Google Translator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back