Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS Sierra 10.12.5 (378.05.05.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I updated to 10.12.5 last night. After reboot I was on the default drivers, and got an NVIDIA update popup so went through with that. After finishing the NVIDIA update and a reboot, my displays go black as the graphics drivers are loaded at boot. I'm not able to get any video.

Any thoughts on the cause? Is there an easy way to roll back the drivers to the previous version? I wasn't having any video problems until the OSX update.

EDIT: fixed my problem by running AGDPfix.app again.

Last edited:
Can I update the drivers first and then update to 10.12.5?

Anyone knows if this fix the HDMI audio problem with Nvidia GTX 10xx series ?
I using hackintosh for 2 months now, and I tried everything but my output HDMI still undetected in audio panel.

Anyone knows if this fix the HDMI audio problem with Nvidia GTX 10xx series ?
I using hackintosh for 2 months now, and I tried everything but my output HDMI still undetected in audio panel.
tried following toleda's DSDT patching guide?web drivers aren't going to fix HDMI audio in any of the cards :p
@niclasc no the update will show after you boot to 10.12.5

Unfortunately, the updated drivers did not fix the wake-up from sleep problem of a scrambled and flickering screen for GTX 1060 owners. :(

Lol, Drivers Don't Work For My GTX 1060 6GB, What A Shame -_-.

Really? I had that happen only once under 10.12.4 but haven't had it happen since - even after updating to 10.12.5 and the latest Web Drivers. I'm using a DP cable, if that makes any difference. I'll check it again when I get home from work later.

Really? I had that happen only once under 10.12.4 but haven't had it happen since - even after updating to 10.12.5 and the latest Web Drivers. I'm using a DP cable, if that makes any difference. I'll check it again when I get home from work later.
I'm using two DVI connections for dual monitor use.

I'm using two DVI connections for dual monitor use.

Just woke mine up from sleep. Video is fine with my GTX 1060 (Although it's giving me the "* did not eject properly" external drive message).

Just woke mine up from sleep. Video is fine with my GTX 1060 (Although it's giving me the "* did not eject properly" external drive message).
What are the boxes checked in your System Preferences Energy Saver pane?

What are the boxes checked in your System Preferences Energy Saver pane?

Screenshot 2017-05-17 17.41.21.png

Thanks. I'll try those options. I forgot ask...any config.plist add-ins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back