Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS Sierra 10.12.5 (378.05.05.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, so I used MultiBeast to use clover with NVRAM emulation, it helped in some way to load nice resolution without Nvidia driver. I thought that's it, so I removed nv_disable boot flag and enabled nvidiaweb but unfortunately the same problem: after Apple logo, the monitor pop out no signal and black screen. This happens only with NvidiaWeb boot flag. So I assume the latest nvidia drivers are not valid in some way.

EDIT: THE NVRAM ACTUALLY FIXED IT, ALL I HAD TO DO WAS ENABLING NVRAM CLOVER EMULATION THROUGH THE MULTIBEAST AND THEN USE CORRECT SMBIOS SETTINGS INTO CONFIG.PLIST (14,2 SYSTEM DEFINITION, SERIAL NUMBER ETC...)

Thank you!

Happy to help!

Yeah, so I used MultiBeast to use clover with NVRAM emulation, it helped in some way to load nice resolution without Nvidia driver. I thought that's it, so I removed nv_disable boot flag and enabled nvidiaweb but unfortunately the same problem: after Apple logo, the monitor pop out no signal and black screen. This happens only with NvidiaWeb boot flag. So I assume the latest nvidia drivers are not valid in some way.

EDIT: THE NVRAM ACTUALLY FIXED IT, ALL I HAD TO DO WAS ENABLING NVRAM CLOVER EMULATION THROUGH THE MULTIBEAST AND THEN USE CORRECT SMBIOS SETTINGS INTO CONFIG.PLIST (14,2 SYSTEM DEFINITION, SERIAL NUMBER ETC...)

Thank you!

I am having problems like you, the screen does not recognize the signal.

Can you help me?

**EDIT** - RESOLVED
My card has 3 HDMI ports - moving the cable from the top to the bottom gave me the signal push I needed.
So if you get a 1050ti with multiple HDMI ports, go for the one furthest from the display port.

Cross-posting an issue from here:

I've tried all the different steps to get my system to send a signal through my 1050ti but I still get a black screen unless I inject NVIDIA (and then the graphics aren't smooth and broken). I've attached my config file for review. Installing the kext with Kextbeast, rebuilding my Multibeast configuration using the NVRAM emulation mode, modifying the config manually have all failed. I still get black screen where the graphics needs to load. I have a responsive system otherwise (iTunes opens and plays) but can't get the graphics to load on the web driver.
Is it better to rebuild and start from scratch? I used native Intel graphics initially and there may be some remnants of code remaining that is conflicting with my start-up and the card pushing graphics.

Thanks

Last edited:
I am having problems like you, the screen does not recognize the signal.

Can you help me?
All what I did was booting with = nv_disable=1 flag, then reinstalling Clover, reinstalling NVIDIA drivers, and installing NVRAM supported version of clover through the MultiBeast tool, which you can download on this site for free. After all these things you can safely boot without that flag and use your hackintosh, at least for me it worked! :)

Also, if your card has multiple outputs (like 2 or 3 HDMI), try the different outputs to see if one of them gets a signal. My 1050ti Windforce OC card has 3 HDMI ports - they all work in POST and bootloader (and Windows) but only the bottom one works in Sierra

Reactions: Che
Just picked up an EVGA GTX 980Ti SC+ today for cheap, a nice upgrade to my 7950 in CFX. So I plopped it in, d/l and installed the web drivers, restarted and everything works great! nVidia control panel loads, card is reported correctly in everything that reports it, sleep works great. Then I came here; So what's up with this now?
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>
Since all is good on my end, is this needed for anything?

P.S. I am using the latest web d/l of Clover, whatever that is (I forget and the update server for Clover Configurator app is down at the time of writing). :p

:think:

I'm thinking if everything works fine for you, the NVIDIA install wrote the proper entry to your config.plist file - I wouldn't monkey with it if it works

Managed To Get It To Work! HOORAY! Basically Put The File Below Into You EFI/Clover/Drivers64UEFI, Also, I Screwed It Up First Time Round With Clover So I Just Extracted The File Instead So No One Else Would Have To Go Through The Trouble I Went Through ;/

Thank you so much!!! Yes, you saved me with this. Worked like a charm. Once I put that file in that spot and rebooted Bam! Not only was nVidia Drivers (Installed latest first 3x) used but my 4k resolution over HDMI (Edited the EFI/Clover/config.plist
<key>ScreenResolution</key>
<string>3840x2160</string>

FWIW: My system:
Motherboard: Z270X-GAMING K7
CPU: i7-7700k 4.2ghz
RAM: DDR4 16G
Using Corsair Water Cooler (single fan/radiator)
Two SSD + One 4TB WD HD
Keyboard Wireless Logitec K270
Mouse Logitec M185
Video: ASUS GTX1060 Founders 6G
Monitor: Samsung UN40JU640DFXZA LCD (UH1) TV using HDMI from the 1060 video card.

* Also in the BIOS there's an option to choose enhanced CPU of an i7-7700 5ghz and I selected that. Now my 4.2ghz CPU shows 5ghz in Intel Power Gadget when doing CPU intensive things. CPU Temp max has been < 70C and is usually around 32C .. doing benchmarking it peaks around 65C.

First it hung at the Apple, sorted with:
In Boot options setting the FakeCPUID to 0x0506E3 then after install editing in the config.plist. This:
<key>FakeCPUID</key>
<string>0x0506E3</string>

Second attempt froze with the USB sorted with:
<key>USB</key>
<dict>
<key>AddClockID</key>
<true/>
<key>FixOwnership</key>
<true/>
<key>Inject</key>
<true/>
</dict>

Third issue was the Video Card. Also on the MultiBeast options I just chose the latest versions of the hardware. Thanks to this forum I have really moved along each time I had an issue someone here had the same and a search and RTFM here and I'm going again. Lots left to do. I don't hear sound (over HDMI) and Thunderbolt isn't detected...probably lost more but I am hopeful I'm going to get the answers here and get everything going. Thank you everyone.

EDIT: I now have Sound from my TV over HDMI by manually downloading and copying the following .kext files into the locations shown in the image. Using EFI Mounter v3 open the locations and just copy/paste or drag and drop. Rebooted and using the Apple Sound Utility I saw there were many HDMI output devices now and I found the one that output to the TV. Awesome. One more step closer.

Attachments

• HDMI-DP-EFI-Folder-Example.png
    HDMI-DP-EFI-Folder-Example.png
    176.1 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:
Hi, I am French so I am sorry for my poor English...
Evrerything looks fine with my hackintosh. 10.12.5 and Web Drivers recognized. Last MuliBeast and web drivers revision. The 1080 Ti card is correctly recognized by the macOS and graphics (transparency, animations) of the finder are smooth. But I have some troubles with GPU acceleration, no software that use GPU acceleration works : Resolve (crashes when i load a movie), Adobe Premiere (don't start correctly), Final Cut X (no play when I load a movie), even QuickTime...

Is there anyone who met this problem ??? Thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back