Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS Sierra 10.12.5 (378.05.05.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope someone has a solution for the problem i am having. 1080ti, sierra 10.12.5 (16F73). Display port to display port cable running to a PA328Q Asus 4K monitor.
I am able to get 1080p no problem, however when setting to any higher resolution, the monitor does the pinkish color rainbow flicker and I have to roll back to 1080p. Ive tried rotating the slots on the card itself. I know for a fact this setup runs 4k no problem (linux). Any help would be greatly appreciated guys! Thank you!

Managed To Get It To Work! HOORAY! Basically Put The File Below Into You EFI/Clover/Drivers64UEFI, Also, I Screwed It Up First Time Round With Clover So I Just Extracted The File Instead So No One Else Would Have To Go Through The Trouble I Went Through ;/

EDIT: Also Make Sure You Have The Latest Update With Latest Web Drivers, Only Use This IF You Select Use nVidia Web Drivers But When You Restart It Goes Back To OS X Default.

Thanks! This was very helpful. eVGA GTX 1060FTW driving two Asus VE278s on displayport. My Clover settings were correct but it kept defaulting back to the OS X driver. Now to put this beast to work

Last edited:
post moved

Last edited:
Someone could get two monitors working with nvidia web drivers?

I have MacOS 10.12.5 and the latest web drivers

My system definition is 14,2

I have one GTX 1080ti Founders Edition with two monitors, both are conected via DP on my card

With one Monitor the system works perfect, when I start de second one, it doesn´t get any images eventhough it is detect by OSX.

Tried everything, Lilu kext, Nvidia Fix kext, nvidia_drv=1.....

Any help will be apreciatted

meet the same problem...
only one monitor:
dvi-d -> work well
dvi-i -> black screen
hdmi -> black screen

two monitors
dvi-i+dvi-d -> dvi-d works well, dvi-i cannot work
dvi-d+hdmi -> only dvi-d works
dvi-i+hdmi -> black screen

Managed To Get It To Work! HOORAY! Basically Put The File Below Into You EFI/Clover/Drivers64UEFI, Also, I Screwed It Up First Time Round With Clover So I Just Extracted The File Instead So No One Else Would Have To Go Through The Trouble I Went Through ;/

EDIT: Also Make Sure You Have The Latest Update With Latest Web Drivers, Only Use This IF You Select Use nVidia Web Drivers But When You Restart It Goes Back To OS X Default.

Thanks pal. This tip works great for my 1080ti!

Someone could get two monitors working with nvidia web drivers?

I have MacOS 10.12.5 and the latest web drivers

My system definition is 14,2

I have one GTX 1080ti Founders Edition with two monitors, both are conected via DP on my card

With one Monitor the system works perfect, when I start de second one, it doesn´t get any images eventhough it is detect by OSX.

Tried everything, Lilu kext, Nvidia Fix kext, nvidia_drv=1.....

Any help will be apreciatted

Get it Fixed !!!

My second monitor was FreeSync Activated from factor.... that was the problem !!!!

When I deactivated FreeSync (because it only works with AMD Cards) It Works !!! Now Two Monitors @4k 60hz Alive ! GTX 1080ti Founders Edition.

Since update to 10.12.5 and latest web driver (offered me the update) I can't boot with web driver. It either goes black screen or defaults to 'OS driver'.

I already had it working in 10.12.4 and previous driver, also I have the "EmuVariableUefi-64.efi" put where it belongs. Just doesn't work.

At the new update of macOS you can also download new update of NVIDIA driver as well, but it's not working with NvidiaWeb = Yes in config.plist - after Apple logo loads up the progress bar, I receive no signal on both my monitors (HDMI + DisplayPort). After using debug configuration I was able to change it to NO so my config would again work.

Anway it's unusable without the graphic drivers. Any tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back