Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS Sierra 10.12.3 (367.15.10.35)

Status
Not open for further replies.
EVGA GTX950 here. Upgrade to 10.12.3 a breeze through Apple Store then reboot. Invoked Nvidia upgrade via Driver Manager then reboot. Smooth sailing.

The other problem is that the 980ti's (and other 9XX cards) are getting harder and harder to find.

When I was buying my machine in June 2016, it wasn't, because the Pascal line was just out. And the store where I ordered from added an amazing discount, I could've gotten the 980ti for about 30€ cheaper compared to the GTX 1070, but I decided against it for better in-game performance, in hopes that drivers will eventually come.

Ebay for 980Ti and sell your 1070 on ebay.

If I wanted to change my GPU, I would've done so already. But it seems pointless to do it now, my GTX 1070 has lost too much value now and the GTX 980 ti is about 1.5 years old, which is starting to become a risky purchase. I'll wait for the next line GPU line with support on Hackintosh and upgrade then. Enough time has passed for me to get used to working on windows for tasks where I require improved GPU performance.

I installed the proper driver for use with my 960M (laptop GPU) but the About page still shows Intel HD. Any ideas how to fix this?

Installed according to the guide and resolution is working, but when I check Dashboard / Frontrow, I don't have the apple features enabled.

Installed according to the guide and resolution is working, but when I check Dashboard / Frontrow, I don't have the apple features enabled.

after changing mac definitions I got the ripple effect. Still not impressed by these drivers or my video cards performance in OS x but, maybe itll work a lot better for mac things like video editing etc

If I wanted to change my GPU, I would've done so already. But it seems pointless to do it now, my GTX 1070 has lost too much value now and the GTX 980 ti is about 1.5 years old, which is starting to become a risky purchase. I'll wait for the next line GPU line with support on Hackintosh and upgrade then. Enough time has passed for me to get used to working on windows for tasks where I require improved GPU performance.
Ok wait for Vega line (IF it works that is).

Nothing is 100% certain right now except that 980Ti and Titan X(maxwell) are the fastest GPUs you can put into a Hackintosh with Sierra.

Just installed the CUDA driver on my build today in the hope of accelerating the rendering speed of Final Cut Pro X (Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH / i7 6700K / GTX980 Gainward Phantom / OS X 10.12.3 / CUDA 8.0.63 / Web Driver 367.15.10.35f01).
After doing a reboot the Mac doesn't detect the GPU properly and output is only restricted to one of my displays.

In System Preferences it now says "Graphics: Display 8MB".
When going to the CUDA preferences Pane it says "No GPU Detected".
Same for the NVIDIA Driver Manager pane where the Card isn't shown in any of the PCI slots.

In Clover NvidiaWeb ist Set to true. Other ways for injecting the graphics card are not used.

The system worked stable before installing the CUDA driver today.

Is there a way to fix this issue?
If not so, is there already a guide on how to uninstall the current CUDA-Driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back