Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS Sierra 10.12.3 (367.15.10.35)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there will never be support for Pascal on Mac OS, nVidia didn't say a word about it, and there have been 7 months from the release.

We would all love it to be the case. nvidia have been strangely quiet about it so far though, and not forgetting they are currently pushing their new cloud gaming service as well.

i cant remember a time when nvidia WASNT quiet about unsupported products. the last time they made any specific mention of mac support for desktop cards was back in 2010 when they released the quadro 4000 for mac pro

With Apples current focus on AMD chips we could be in for a long wait, unless Apple use a pascal GPU, maybe in a refreshed iMac. Although we as a community would love to see Pascal support, the reality is that the audience for Pascal drivers in macOS is tiny and diminishing as older macs disappear.

Based on this post, I pretty much lost hope for Pascal support.

Personally I think nvidia is restraining the drivers, because they are in negotiations with Apple to provide the GPUs for the upcoming iMac and do not want to mess up the relationship with Apple. Another reason might be, that alternative drivers will not be necessary, because some future macOS Update will contain them (possibly because a new Mac have some Pascal-GPU).

It would be really sad, if Nvidia is dropping the alternative Mac-drivers, because it was the most easiest way to enable a gpu in a hackintosh (beside full out of the box support).

because it was the most easiest way to enable a gpu in a hackintosh
The most easiest way to enable GPU in Hackintosh is to have a compatible AMD GPU in the system, 7970/7950/R 280X.. After any software update there is no need to wait and install web drivers, it just works oob because all drivers for GPU acceleration are included in the Mac OS itself.
Ask me for that because I have two Hackintoshs, one with HD 7970 and the other with GTX 980Ti.

EDIT: Never mind! I didn't see the post right before this!!
Anyone getting a conflicting CUDA update message? It saiys that I need to update my driver, but at the same time that there are no newer drivers available:
Screenshot 2017-01-25 09.53.54.png

Last edited:
Until a newer version is released, you can use a hack as like this.

<key>NVDAResmanVersions</key>
<dict>
<key>367.15.10.35</key>
<string>367.15.10.35</string>
<dict>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back