Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS Sierra 10.12.3 (367.15.10.35)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated clover
Updated to 10.12.3 combo update
Updated to latest nvidia driver.

All was easy.

(I use the EFI/Kext routine fyi).

Not sure exactly what was the culprit or if it was a combination, but upon a fresh install and turning on integrated graphics all is well with the new drivers.

I feel at this point that I should turn off integrated graphics, as my Geekbench score has dropped about 1500 points from the fresh install to where I am now with the graphics card up and running; but I'm a bit scared to go back into BIOS and turn of integrated graphics after it was such an essential part of getting the install complete.. off to read some more before I make any hasty decisions :)

Until we read 368.xx.xx.xx in drivers' version, we won't see any Pascal support!

368.25.xx.xx

What makes you two so sure, that Pascal-Support will come with those releases? I read some posts about version 367.xxxxx should have brought support for pascal-gpus, which was not true in the end.

What makes you two so sure, that Pascal-Support will come with those releases? I read some posts about version 367.xxxxx should have brought support for pascal-gpus, which was not true in the end.

because pascal shipped with version 368.25 on windows... prior drivers to that do not work with pascal

because pascal shipped with version 368.25 on windows... prior drivers to that do not work with pascal

Thats no guarantee that the driver versions and support will be aligned in macOS; although we live in hope.

Updated perfectly with my GTX 970. Updated macOS, booted without acceleration. At the desktop it prompted me to update, I did and rebooted. Everything is working fine.
mine doesn't work, can you help me? I am using gtx970 too

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 17.00.48.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 17.00.48.png
    107 KB · Views: 524
Thats no guarantee that the driver versions and support will be aligned in macOS; although we live in hope.

but its enough to go by to make an educated guess, just found out that linux and freebsd got support in 367.27. so there is something else to think about as well.

but its enough to go by to make an educated guess, just found out that linux and freebsd got support in 367.27. so there is something else to think about as well.

We would all love it to be the case. nvidia have been strangely quiet about it so far though, and not forgetting they are currently pushing their new cloud gaming service as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back