Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS Sierra 10.12.2 (367.15.10.25)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did reply to the thread on NVIDIA website too. Like all of you guys I hope they will listen to us...

I am currently having trouble with my computer ever since I updated to 10.12.2. It seems like every time I boot the computer or the screens go to sleep the display takes about a minutes to come on. Also if I leave my computer for on overnight and the displays go to sleep it sometime does not come back correct. I have tried all the methods in this form and could not find anything on the site to explain what is going on. Can you please help me. Thanks
Screenshot 2016-12-20 16.53.12.png

I am currently having trouble with my computer ever since I updated to 10.12.2. It seems like every time I boot the computer or the screens go to sleep the display takes about a minutes to come on. Also if I leave my computer for on overnight and the displays go to sleep it sometime does not come back correct. I have tried all the methods in this form and could not find anything on the site to explain what is going on. Can you please help me. ThanksView attachment 226129

I just thread checked this thread to see if anyone else had issues with ”black screen” (i.e. no video) when waking up the computer from sleep since the macOS 10.12.2 update and the NVIDIA drivers for that.

I currently don't use a Hackintosh (did previously) but I have had ”no video” happen two times now on two different Macs when using the NVIDIA web driver. One is a Mac Pro from 2010 with GTX 970 (so it requires the Web Driver) and the other is a MacBook Pro (Late 2013), which I will revert back to the built-in drivers to see if the issue will happen again.

So, just FYI it sure seems it isn't Hackintosh related, but perhaps something in the current version of the NVIDIA Web Driver for macOS 10.12.2, or it's something with macOS 10.12.2 itself – probably not, but we'll see if the issue happens again now when I'm using standard drivers on my MacBook Pro.

It doesn't seem the computer crashes when it happens, it's just that there's no video. So, it might be possible to SSH into it (or even remote control it) from another computer if those things are enabled.

Edit:
Want to add that I have the macOS 16C67 build on both my Macs, so the NVIDIA Web Driver Version is 367.15.10.25f01 on both.

Last edited:
I just thread checked this thread to see if anyone else had issues with ”black screen” (i.e. no video) when waking up the computer from sleep since the macOS 10.12.2 update and the NVIDIA drivers for that.

I currently don't use a Hackintosh (did previously) but I have had ”no video” happen two times now on two different Macs when using the NVIDIA web driver. Once is a Mac Pro from 2010 with GTX 970 (so it requires the Web Driver) and the other is a MacBook Pro (Late 2013), which I will revert back to the built-in drivers to see if the issue will happen again.

So, just FYI it sure seems it isn't Hackintosh related, but perhaps something in the current version of the NVIDIA Web Driver for macOS 10.12.2, or it's something with macOS 10.12.2 itself – probably not, but we'll see if the issue happens again now when I'm using standard drivers on my MacBook Pro.

It doesn't seem the computer crashes when it happens, it's just that there's no video. So, it might be possible to SSH into it (or even remote control it) from another computer if those things are enabled.

Edit:
Want to add that I have the macOS 16C67 build on both my Macs, so the NVIDIA Web Driver Version is 367.15.10.25f01 on both.
I am experiencing the same issue as kcccs560. I've had not issues with the NVIDIA Web Drivers before through many upgrades, but now when my system boots the apple logo appears, progress bar hits three quarters, and then monitors go blank, fans spin up for a second (guessing GPU fan) and it takes about 30 seconds to a minute before the login screen is presented. Booting with -v sheds no light as the details are rendered invisible when the apple logo appears.

I believe that this is occurring at the point that the Nvidia drivers are loading, and they seem to hang for a period before presenting. No idea what is causing it.

One other strange thing is the <key>NvidiaWeb</key> <true/> key had disappeared from config.plist. I restored it but to no avail.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

My trusty 8800 GT still performing well -> DVI & HDMI
Hello, I have a 7900GT but the system shows it only has 4mb, do you need to change anything to get your card work? what config list can I use for it?

New problem with the 10.12.2 update (C67) and web drivers. Mobo is a GA Z97X UD7 TH, GTX980. Got the web drivers all set with the new Clover method. Running dual monitors via DisplayPort, the left monitor is the primary, this is where the login shows up. After this update, the apple boot loading screen shows, then the right monitor turns on showing my background and the left (primary) monitor sleeps, and I can't see anything to click and login. If I boot with only one monitor connected, all is fine. If when this occurs with the dual setup, I shut both off, and turn one on, and then turn the 2nd, all is fine. I just can't boot with both on or the primary display sleeps/goes black at login. Didn't have this behavior on 10.11.6. Any ideas?

10.12 causes a lot of strange behavior with multi monitor support.

Hello, I have a 7900GT but the system shows it only has 4mb, do you need to change anything to get your card work? what config list can I use for it?

Did you load the web driver? Try a newer card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back