Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS Sierra 10.12.2 (367.15.10.25)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I ask - I have a hackintosh still on El Capitan, and 3 screens on 2 GTX 960's which worked fine until yesterday ...

I did a security update from Apple in the usual update apps bit and on rebooting it only showed one monitor, and prompted to update the nvidia drivers. It said it couldnt find an update - I later found out the nvidia site was down. I decided to remove the nVidia drivers and try and reinstall them but whichever version I use it says it is not suitable for my version of OS.

I have tried both download versions for 10.11.6 (which is the OS I have)

Any ideas ?
I had thought about upgrading to Sierra but this didnt go so well last time and I ended up dumping it and re-doing the hackintosh.
I also have time machine backups but this just seems to revert the OS to the previous version when restoring a backup.

Thanks.

When you did the security update, you changed to the 10.11.6 (15G1212) version.
This makes the previous WebDriver-346.03.15f04 obsolete, luckily a new web driver is available (346.03.15f05).
Install it and you are back in business.

ADVICE: keep a copy of all revisions of the web drivers for you Mac OS version.

WebDriver-346.03.15b01 will also work after the security update, and in my case also automatically updated to the new 346.03.15f05 version.

KAB.

Last edited:
Can I ask - I have a hackintosh still on El Capitan, and 3 screens on 2 GTX 960's which worked fine until yesterday ...

I did a security update from Apple in the usual update apps bit and on rebooting it only showed one monitor, and prompted to update the nvidia drivers. It said it couldnt find an update - I later found out the nvidia site was down. I decided to remove the nVidia drivers and try and reinstall them but whichever version I use it says it is not suitable for my version of OS.

I have tried both download versions for 10.11.6 (which is the OS I have)

Any ideas ?
I had thought about upgrading to Sierra but this didnt go so well last time and I ended up dumping it and re-doing the hackintosh.
I also have time machine backups but this just seems to revert the OS to the previous version when restoring a backup.

Thanks.

The web drivers only work with a specific build number of the operating system.
When the build number changes (because of an update) the web drivers must be updated.
Obviously the new web drivers are not available at the same time as the OS update.
The answer is not to apply updates until the web drivers have been updated.

Check macvidcards.com to match web drivers to build versions.
Alternatively you may update the web drivers through the Nvidia preference pane once they are available.

im unable to install driver package plss help.

When you did the security update, you changed to the 10.11.6 (15G1212) version.
This makes the previous WebDriver-346.03.15f04 obsolete, luckily a new web driver is available (346.03.15f05).
Install it and you are back in business.

ADVICE: keep a copy of all revisions of the web drivers for you Mac OS version.

WebDriver-346.03.15b01 will also work after the security update, and in my case also automatically updated to the new 346.03.15f05 version.

KAB.

Many thanks to both you and Pilgrim - after reading your post I did a search for the driver mentioned and found a BETA that I was able to install and from there update to the 346.03.15f05.

I am always wary of updates but had no idea a 'security' update could change the version on the OS thus making the graphics driver obsolete! Live and learn - all back up and running now.

Thanks again :)

Everyone - make sure you clone your existing config before you update, it will make things much easier as you can revert back and try again if something doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back