Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS Sierra 10.12.1 (367.15.10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo this sucks... i expected Nvidia to release the drivers today, they released the last version like a week ago... this is ridiculous i can't work on my machine and i need it ASAP.
I tried contacting Nvidia and ask them if we can expect a new driver any time soon, I'm being ignored completely, i also tried
going on live chat with them... they always delayed the chat to avoid it i guess...
any one has any info? when can we expect the driver to be released?

In case you are suffering from problem with the failing installation (your os 10.12.1 is not supported...) you can use the old driver like other members described in different posts by doing the following:

1. sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/info.plist
2. Then change NVDARequiredOS to this
<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>
<string>16B2657</string>

Your old driver should work until Nvidia will release a working one.

Do not forget to disable "nv_disable=1" from the boot arguments and add

<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>

to your config.plist.

Good luck.

This allows you to select your previous driver, but in my case not fixing the problem. I did upgrade from 10.11.6, so maybe it'll work if you already had a working 10.12.x driver?

Hi, I could fix the issue with CUDA (claiming for update even if you Web Driver is perfectly loaded). :thumbup:
View attachment 217378

Why this happens? Because the CUDA Framework is prepared to read an specific version of the GPU Drivers, and with the last update, it doesn't recognize the installed version.

How to fix:
- In the desktop, press CMD + SHIFT + G and put this path: /Library/Frameworks/CUDA.framework/Versions/A/Libraries
- Make a copy of the file name "libcuda_367.15.10.05_mercury.dylib", and rename to "libcuda_367.15.10.15_mercury.dylib"
- Close the Finder's window
- In the desktop, press CMD + SHIFT + G and put this path: /Library/Frameworks/CUDA.framework/Versions/A/Resources
- Edit the file Info.plist and add the following lines as the last childs in the NVDAResmanVersions element and save it:
Code:
        <key>367.15.10.15</key>
        <string>367.15.10.15</string>
View attachment 217379
To reload the CUDA driver, just open a Terminal window and run this lines (or simply, restart):
Code:
- sudo kextunload -b com.nvidia.CUDA
- sudo kextload -b com.nvidia.CUDA

Now you can see that the CUDA driver is working fine.

Regarding to the rest of the dylib files and by doing a quick review, looks that NVidia (in each update of CUDA) uses the same library and this procedure looks secure:
View attachment 217381

Regards,

WORKED GREAT !!!
THANKS !!!

Hi, I could fix the issue with CUDA (claiming for update even if you Web Driver is perfectly loaded). :thumbup:
View attachment 217378

Why this happens? Because the CUDA Framework is prepared to read an specific version of the GPU Drivers, and with the last update, it doesn't recognize the installed version.

How to fix:
- In the desktop, press CMD + SHIFT + G and put this path: /Library/Frameworks/CUDA.framework/Versions/A/Libraries
- Make a copy of the file name "libcuda_367.15.10.05_mercury.dylib", and rename to "libcuda_367.15.10.15_mercury.dylib"
- Close the Finder's window
- In the desktop, press CMD + SHIFT + G and put this path: /Library/Frameworks/CUDA.framework/Versions/A/Resources
- Edit the file Info.plist and add the following lines as the last childs in the NVDAResmanVersions element and save it:
Code:
        <key>367.15.10.15</key>
        <string>367.15.10.15</string>
View attachment 217379
To reload the CUDA driver, just open a Terminal window and run this lines (or simply, restart):
Code:
- sudo kextunload -b com.nvidia.CUDA
- sudo kextload -b com.nvidia.CUDA

Now you can see that the CUDA driver is working fine.

Regarding to the rest of the dylib files and by doing a quick review, looks that NVidia (in each update of CUDA) uses the same library and this procedure looks secure:
View attachment 217381

Regards,

Thanks for this CUDA fix man, works like a charm. I got the exact same processor and graphic card as you (see screenshot) but getting a weird iBooks bug that show the books as transparent window, and this with the 2 latest drivers (explained it here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/nvidia-web-driver-ibooks-bug.203229/page-3#post-1360412). Do this happen to you too or is it working fine on your side ?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-01 at 19.59.31.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-01 at 19.59.31.png
    86.4 KB · Views: 356
@synnys, this is not my problem because I have the correct build number. I can install and am actually running it now 367.15.10.15f01. The only thing that happens is a bug in iBooks, where books appear as transparent windows... And in console I see those errors:

Code:
Library Validation failed: Rejecting '/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceGLDriverWeb' (Team ID: 6KR3T733EC, platform: no) for process 'iBooks(596)' (Team ID: none, platform: yes), reason: mapping process is a platform binary, but mapped file is not

Code:
Library Validation failed: Rejecting '/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceMTLDriverWeb' (Team ID: 6KR3T733EC, platform: no) for process 'iBooks(596)' (Team ID: none, platform: yes), reason: mapping process is a platform binary, but mapped file is not

Code:
Error loading /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceMTLDriverWeb:  dlopen(/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceMTLDriverWeb, 265): no suitable image found.  Did find:

/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceMTLDriverWeb: code signature in (/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceMTLDriverWeb) not valid for use in process using Library Validation: mapping process is a platform binary, but mapped file is not

Code:
Unable to create basic Accelerated OpenGL renderer.
Code:
Core Image is now using the software OpenGL renderer. This will be slow.

Anyone has an idea how to fix this obvious bug in Nvidia libraries ? Would be much appreciated. Correct thread is here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/nvidia-web-driver-ibooks-bug.203229/page-3#post-1360412

---

Update: Nvidia support just told me that they are working on a fix for this problem.

Last edited:
Works for me, but the problems with mouse pointer chaos on the left half of a 5k screen still persist on 10.12.1 and this Nividia Driver :(
I have the same problem... Do you know anyway to get rid of this bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back