Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS Sierra 10.12.1 (367.15.10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody had issues with the CUDA 8.0.46? After the new web drivers, the CUDA preference pane is opening in every boot claiming for a 'Update'.

It wouldn't be the first time that some UNIX flavor reutilizes the NVIDIA drivers from other UNIX flavor. It's been seen in BSD land (I believe there are -or were- NVIDIA drivers for MidnightBSD which were hacked from the FreeBSD drivers).

I'd certainly wish MacOS has a long time future, as there're no other Unices comparable out there, but it's a pain that the future of MacOS is in the hands of the currently clueless Apple.
There are so many product gaps in the Apple desktop lineup, it would be nice if they'd just let the Hackintosh community fill them, which we are, frankly. I needed the power of the 5k iMac but I didn't need the monitor. We just might be hoarding 9 series Nvidia cards for the foreseeable future.

With 10.12.1. and this webdriver my hack still does not wake the monitor.

There are so many product gaps in the Apple desktop lineup, it would be nice if they'd just let the Hackintosh community fill them, which we are, frankly. I needed the power of the 5k iMac but I didn't need the monitor. We just might be hoarding 9 series Nvidia cards for the foreseeable future.
And according to recent rumors, Apple is staying on that course. It seems that Apple will only update the Macbook line, nothing else.

Is that really possible?

No, it's not. Linux's various GPU drivers/approaches bear no real resemblance to Darwin/macOS. Nvidia are the only ones who can fix the issues we're all seeing.

Hi, I could fix the issue with CUDA (claiming for update even if you Web Driver is perfectly loaded). :thumbup:
Captura de pantalla 2016-10-26 a las 09.40.37.png

Why this happens? Because the CUDA Framework is prepared to read an specific version of the GPU Drivers, and with the last update, it doesn't recognize the installed version.

How to fix:
- In the desktop, press CMD + SHIFT + G and put this path: /Library/Frameworks/CUDA.framework/Versions/A/Libraries
- Make a copy of the file name "libcuda_367.15.10.05_mercury.dylib", and rename to "libcuda_367.15.10.15_mercury.dylib"
- Close the Finder's window
- In the desktop, press CMD + SHIFT + G and put this path: /Library/Frameworks/CUDA.framework/Versions/A/Resources
- Edit the file Info.plist and add the following lines as the last childs in the NVDAResmanVersions element and save it:
Code:
        <key>367.15.10.15</key>
        <string>367.15.10.15</string>
Captura de pantalla 2016-10-26 a las 09.50.44.png
To reload the CUDA driver, just open a Terminal window and run this lines (or simply, restart):
Code:
- sudo kextunload -b com.nvidia.CUDA
- sudo kextload -b com.nvidia.CUDA

Now you can see that the CUDA driver is working fine.

Regarding to the rest of the dylib files and by doing a quick review, looks that NVidia (in each update of CUDA) uses the same library and this procedure looks secure:
Captura de pantalla 2016-10-26 a las 09.55.00.png

UPDATE: New CUDA drivers released by NVIDIA: http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-cuda-8.0.51-driver.html

Regards,

Last edited:
Hi, I could fix the issue with CUDA (claiming for update even if you Web Driver is perfectly loaded). :thumbup:
View attachment 217378

Why this happens? Because the CUDA Framework is prepared to read an specific version of the GPU Drivers, and with the last update, it doesn't recognize the installed version.

How to fix:
- In the desktop, press CMD + SHIFT + G and put this path: /Library/Frameworks/CUDA.framework/Versions/A/Libraries
- Make a copy of the file name "libcuda_367.15.10.05_mercury.dylib", and rename to "libcuda_367.15.10.15_mercury.dylib"
- Close the Finder's window
- In the desktop, press CMD + SHIFT + G and put this path: /Library/Frameworks/CUDA.framework/Versions/A/Resources
- Edit the file Info.plist and add the following lines as the last childs in the NVDAResmanVersions element and save it:
Code:
        <key>367.15.10.15</key>
        <string>367.15.10.15</string>
View attachment 217379
To reload the CUDA driver, just open a Terminal window and run this lines (or simply, restart):
Code:
- sudo kextunload -b com.nvidia.CUDA
- sudo kextload -b com.nvidia.CUDA

Now you can see that the CUDA driver is working fine.

Regarding to the rest of the dylib files and by doing a quick review, looks that NVidia (in each update of CUDA) uses the same library and this procedure looks secure:
View attachment 217381

Regards,
You are the master! Thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back