Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS Sierra 10.12.1 (367.15.10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I get the black screen again.
Known solutions didn't work.
System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartup.kext/Contents/Info.plist seems new. There is no more my serial number of my PC!?
I was able to update to 10.12.1 and I was able to update Nvidia driver.
After that I got black screen...

Edit: Well it's working.
I looked in the wrong file ... :crazy:

That is correct
/System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist

And now it is working perfect.

Last edited:
Did anyone find a solution for the (16B2657) error
or we have to wait for a newer version of the web drivers?

The only solution I've seen so far involves editing a) a text file inside the installer and b) the plist for one of the kexts.

That's too much hassle for me at the moment, so I'm going to wait for Nvidia to get it together. If they haven't got this sorted in, say, a week, I may take the editing plunge.

View attachment 217662
my build is this:
is there any work around for my build? tried tons of tutorials none of them worked.

Is your bios set for IGFX mode, or integrated graphics? A lot of AMD cards require IGFX mode to work in Sierra. That display 7mb looks familiar, but Nvidia drivers may not require any bios graphics settings, I have no experience with them but everything has changed in Sierra, it may be worth a check.

Is your bios set for IGFX mode, or integrated graphics? A lot of AMD cards require IGFX mode to work in Sierra. That display 7mb looks familiar, but Nvidia drivers may not require any bios graphics settings, I have no experience with them but everything has changed in Sierra, it may be worth a check.

I am not on AMD, I am using Geforce GTX 970. I already downgraded my system to the previous build, I will upgrade as soon as there are new upgrades for my GPU

It might be worth trying to edit the kext, as in Problem 5 of this page. (EDIT: shifted link to page 1 of thread, see problem 5)

already tried that, but it didn't work. I already reverted my mackintosh back to the previous build, I'll just wait till something proper arrives.

In case you are suffering from problem with the failing installation (your os 10.12.1 is not supported...) you can use the old driver like other members described in different posts by doing the following:

1. sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/info.plist
2. Then change NVDARequiredOS to this
<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>
<string>16B2657</string>

Your old driver should work until Nvidia will release a working one.

Do not forget to disable "nv_disable=1" from the boot arguments and add

<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>

to your config.plist.

Good luck.

+1 MILLION
GOD MODE
thank you rockstar familygw!!

Hi, I could fix the issue with CUDA (claiming for update even if you Web Driver is perfectly loaded). :thumbup:
View attachment 217378

Why this happens? Because the CUDA Framework is prepared to read an specific version of the GPU Drivers, and with the last update, it doesn't recognize the installed version.

How to fix:
- In the desktop, press CMD + SHIFT + G and put this path: /Library/Frameworks/CUDA.framework/Versions/A/Libraries
- Make a copy of the file name "libcuda_367.15.10.05_mercury.dylib", and rename to "libcuda_367.15.10.15_mercury.dylib"
- Close the Finder's window
- In the desktop, press CMD + SHIFT + G and put this path: /Library/Frameworks/CUDA.framework/Versions/A/Resources
- Edit the file Info.plist and add the following lines as the last childs in the NVDAResmanVersions element and save it:
Code:
        <key>367.15.10.15</key>
        <string>367.15.10.15</string>
View attachment 217379
To reload the CUDA driver, just open a Terminal window and run this lines (or simply, restart):
Code:
- sudo kextunload -b com.nvidia.CUDA
- sudo kextload -b com.nvidia.CUDA

Now you can see that the CUDA driver is working fine.

Regarding to the rest of the dylib files and by doing a quick review, looks that NVidia (in each update of CUDA) uses the same library and this procedure looks secure:
View attachment 217381

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back