Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS Sierra 10.12.1 (367.15.10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there is a bug with the Nvidia web drivers where iBooks windows appear completely clear (see https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/54hsuz/updated_to_sierra_now_ibooks_windows_are/ ). I am using a GTX 680. This bug was there in the last set of Nvidia web drivers for 10.12.0 and is still there in 10.12.1. I can get iBooks to display correctly if I revert to the OSX default drivers in the Nvidia driver manager. Is there a way to file a bug report to Nvidia for their web drivers so that they are aware of the issue?

Same here, but I've resized the window and then it requested me the Store credentials, and now works fine!
Captura de pantalla 2016-10-27 a las 23.31.02.png
Hope it helps!

Weird - I guess I hadn't tried iBooks lately, but this problem is happening for me, with 10.12.1 and the latest NVidia drivers. Tried resizing, and lots of view options, fullscreen, etc, but nothing seems to help.

After the update is 10.12.1 (16B2657).
And not (16B2555), as expected.

Therefore, the installer nvidia not complete the installation because it is not compatible with the version. Any possible solution?

Odd - I'm getting 16B2555, so the drivers are working. I wonder what's different?

Screen Shot 2016-10-28 at 3.49.52 PM.png

my build is this:
is there any work around for my build? tried tons of tutorials none of them worked.

Well this is awesome.

Nvidia's latest driver is only compatible with: macOS 10.12.1 (16B2555)
The newest version of macOS is: macOS 10.12.1 (16B2657) which was installed when I downloaded the Combo update. I had no idea there would be this kind of problem since both MacOS versions are 10.12.1.

The latest Nvidia driver will NOT install on this new MacOS 16B2657 version. So the only option is to wait for Nvidia.

Same issue here

Well this is awesome.

Nvidia's latest driver is only compatible with: macOS 10.12.1 (16B2555)
The newest version of macOS is: macOS 10.12.1 (16B2657) which was installed when I downloaded the Combo update. I had no idea there would be this kind of problem since both MacOS versions are 10.12.1.

The latest Nvidia driver will NOT install on this new MacOS 16B2657 version. So the only option is to wait for Nvidia.

Yup, can confirm same problem here on my Hackintosh.

Did update from 10.11.6 to 10.12.1 combo yesterday, ran headfirst into this problem: combo update after install reports as 16B2657.

Edit: my wild guess here is that the combo update may have been silently updated by Apple to take some fixes for the new MacBook Pros in order to keep it universal.

Yup, can confirm same problem here on my Hackintosh.

Did update from 10.11.6 to 10.12.1 combo yesterday, ran headfirst into this problem: combo update after install reports as 16B2657.

Edit: my wild guess here is that the combo update may have been silently updated by Apple to take some fixes for the new MacBook Pros in order to keep it universal.

It might be worth trying to edit the kext, as in Problem 5 of this page. (EDIT: shifted link to page 1 of thread, see problem 5)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back