Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS Sierra 10.12.0 (367.15.10.05)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to add my solution:

Fortunately I got my GTX 750 running very quickly. I just needed to enable NvidiaWeb in Clover Configurator and changed
SMBIOS to Mac pro 5.1. Voila, that´s it! Running smoothly on Dual Setup....till now, ...keep my fingers crossed.

Kind regards!

I turned on my GTX950 on Siera:
1) Changed SMBIOS information for iMac 14,2
2) Installed Web Driver
3) Corrected config.plist like in first post
4) Added nvda_drv=1 parameter (without in booting period monitor turns off - conection HDMA)

Attachments

• My_mac.png
    My_mac.png
    82.1 KB · Views: 730
I'm sorry I thought this thread wasn't the 970 support forum. A lot of us are actually waiting for news on Pascal driver support only to constantly read whether or not someone got an outdated GPU to work or not.

I'm sorry I thought this thread wasn't the 970 support forum. A lot of us are actually waiting for news on Pascal driver support only to constantly read whether or not someone got an outdated GPU to work or not.
You're right! Those posts were moved to a standalone thread here in the Graphics forum section. :thumbup:

There are new drivers for Sierra 10.12. You could update from your System Preferences panel or download them from here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/n...for-macos-sierra-10-12-0-367-15-10-05.200843/
You can only install the new drivers AFTER you install the new OS.

I already downloaded those 2 files in the post and config NvidiaWeb with iMac 14,2 configuration however I still got the black screen. Could you please kindly suggest how do make your system work ? Cheers !

I already downloaded those 2 files in the post and config NvidiaWeb with iMac 14,2 configuration however I still got the black screen. Could you please kindly suggest how do make your system work ? Cheers !
So you already did the post-installation with Multibeast? Last time I had a black screen myself because I had injected Nvidia (which you do NOT need to do if you have a Maxwell card) in Multibeast using a GTX 750 FTW connected to a monitor with a DisplayPort to HDMI cable. You could also try using different video cables, ie. HDMI, VGA, DVI, or DP.
I'll put a screenshot of my Multibeast options.
Fair warning: These options might not work since anyone can have different hardware.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-24 at 2.05.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-24 at 2.05.54 PM.png
    103.4 KB · Views: 645
Oops - I upgraded to 10.12.1 before waiting for the new Nvidia drivers...is there a way to patch them so they don't check for OS version, or should I just wait for the new drivers?

(EDIT#2 - while waiting for the update, I was able to run without acceleration by booting with nv_disable=1) then after the web drivers became available (we truly owe NVidia some love), I did the manual alternative to AGPFix, which is to edit

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist, and replace Config1 and Config2 with "none" in the "ConfigMap" section. Then

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -system-caches

At this point, my system boots 10.12.1 with accelerated graphics using NVidia's Web Driver. Yay!

Last edited:
Oops - I upgraded to 10.12.1 before waiting for the new Nvidia drivers...is there a way to patch them so they don't check for OS version, or should I just wait for the new drivers?

(EDIT- I tried the instructions from the NVidia troubleshooting page:
  • sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/Info.plist
  • Enter your password and scroll down to where it says NVDARequiredOS
  • Change the build number below that to your current build number
  • Rebuild kernel cache suing the two commands from Problem #4
  • Reboot
However, this did not work - the system crashes right as the drivers are being loaded. So I'm in a waiting pattern for the new drivers.

Try at the clover boot screen to uncheck nvda=1 and check nv-disable=1...then boot

The updated drivers are out for 10.12.1 (https://images.nvidia.com/mac/pkg/367/WebDriver-367.15.10.15f01.pkg) however they're still broken. iBooks works now, but plenty of other apps still show no content (just the window shadow). It's clown town, I'm probably going to jump back to a proper MacBook Pro at the end of the week - the GPU issues are beginning to get in the way of my job.

After updating the drivers i had black screen at start again so i had to patch with AGDPfix.app again and its working = :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back