Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS Sierra 10.12.0 (367.15.10.05)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've installed Sierra with user definition 14,2, then I changed it to 17,1 to match my skylake system and did the "Problem 4", "Method 3" fix of the black screen thread, rebooted and the system was ok.

The only problem I'm having is after installing some applications like Photoshop, on the next reboot the black screen comes again. I have to use the 14,2 system definition to be able to boot and then I can go back to 17,1 without any issues on future boots.

I hope this helps someone and we can think of a fix for the black screen with 17,1 on Sierra.

Edit: seems like rebuilding the kernel cache (sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel & sudo kextcache -system-caches) allows me to boot again with 17,1. It's like the kernel cache isn't "sticking".

Last edited:
Here is Nvida's quote: 7.5.30:

New Release 7.5.30

• CUDA driver update to support MAC OS X 10.11.5, macOS 10.12 Developer Preview and NVIDIA display driver 346.03.10f01
  • Supported MAC OS X
    • 10.11.x
    • 10.10.x
    • 10.9.x
    An alternative method to download the latest CUDA driver is within Mac OS environment. Access the latest driver through System Preferences > Other > CUDA. Click 'Install CUDA Update'
  • http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-cuda-7.5.30-driver.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Sierra, GTX960 4G.
Two Monitor: DisplayPort: 2560x1440, and 'DVI to VGA': 1920x1080.
Enable 'patch vBios', disable 'Inject Nvidia', with boot-arg 'nvda_drv=1'
iMac 14,2
with Nvidia Web Driver
Worked very well on 10.8 to 10.11.

After upgrade to Sierra,
Update Web Driver to 367.15.10.05,
update the Clover up-to-date: r3763
add 'NvidiaWeb: True' in the config.plist
make the Clover Panel - nvram: Always
delete the 'nvda_drv=1' from boot-arg

But still not working,

with normal boot, the system reboot automaticly after the verbose,
just with boot-arg 'nv_disable=1' can load the system in.

So could anyone help solve the issue for me?

Last edited:
My Rig with GTX 960 MP 6.1 with Sierra.
mwiLwsC.png

Last edited:
If anyone know the up-to-date clover r3763 has a BUG?
My friend told me that the 3763 Clover will enable the 'InjectEDID' automaticly whether if you edit in the plist.
And this may cause the issue that system reboot automaticly after verbose.
He said the solution is disable the 'InjectEDID' before loading macOS manually.

Today evening, I will take a check on this.

Doesn't work for me. Nvidia drive manager shows "No device found"
nvidia.png
GeForce GTX 760 iMac 12,2

EDIT: I fixed that by changing from iMac 12,2 to iMac 14,2! The only problem is no HDMI audio even with audio_cloverHDMI-120_v1.0

Last edited:
I'd already upgraded Clover to 3763 before starting.

Once into Sierra....

Here I found myself had a very odd screen resolution 1600 x something instead of my usual crisp 1440p.
SO, I upgraded the GPU drivers using the Nvidia Driver Manager and made the NvidiaWeb .plist changes as advised.

Rebooted.

NO CHANGE.

Checked there was no nvidia injection (I did not believe there was any to begin with and there wasn't)

Rebooted again.

NO CHANGE. ****Checking in system info***, GPU card wasn't recognised or named and no kext named or loaded. So...

I FIXED IT BY: Downloading again the Nvidia driver using the links Tony provided and reinstalling the video driver straight over the exisiting one. Did not uninstall the existing installed ones, just ran the package. With the config.plist change already in place......

Rebooted...and

That fixed it.

***TLDR***: If you've made the NvidiaWeb .plist changes and are still having Nvidia Web Driver issues, instead of using the Nvidia Driver Manager to download them and update them, try just downloading them from Tony's links and just running the package and reinstalling them over the top of your existing ones.

Still waiting rather impatiently for support for my GTX1060 card! hate having to load windows to see this card shine so I continue on with HD530 graphics on El Capitan before making the transition to Sierra. I guess thats what I get for trying to stay ahead of the curve in the GPU department! :lol:
Mind telling me how you pulled that off ? I can't seem to get the HD530 Graphics working. Also running a GTX 1060 and waiting on the drivers to be released. I'd PM you but atm I can't because of the post limit.

Mind telling me how you pulled that off ? I can't seem to get the HD530 Graphics working. Also running a GTX 1060 and waiting on the drivers to be released. I'd PM you but atm I can't because of the post limit.

Enable your iGPU at BIOS first, if you're using Clover then try Inject Intel, HD530 is supported by 10.12 as well.

If anyone know the up-to-date clover r3763 has a BUG?
My friend told me that the 3763 Clover will enable the 'InjectEDID' automaticly whether if you edit in the plist.
And this may cause the issue that system reboot automaticly after verbose.
He said the solution is disable the 'InjectEDID' before loading macOS manually.

Today evening, I will take a check on this.

Code:
<key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <false/>
            <key>NVidia</key>
            <true/>
        </dict>