Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS Sierra 10.12.0 (367.15.10.05)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm use WebDriver-367.15.10.05f01

sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/info.plist

Then change NVDARequiredOS to this (assuming you're indeed on 16B2327e)
<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>
<string>16Bxxxx</string>

This trick does not work for the configuration I have. Indeed looks like the driver is running looking at the parameters yet during boot it obviously goes wrong and the display output is that of the OS X driver...

Hey guys, i did successfully update from El Capitan to Sierra, fixed ALC 1150 audio, and the only one thing that keeps failing is Nvidia web driver. It really doesn't matter if I use in Clover config nvda_drv=1 flag or SystemPereferences.NvidiaWeb = true -> both works but only with one monitor connected. I have two Dells 2515H. Is it any Nvidia driver bug, or can i handle with that in any way?

Anyone else with a G-sync monitor have a subtle flickering issue going on with it enabled? I mainly notice it on the desktop.

Also not sure if I should make a new thread on this, but is there anyway for clover to default to to display port vs hdmi? the bios also defaults to hdmi but wasn't sure if it's even possible? (maybe need another video card bios) anyway planning to get a gtx1070 at some point so maybe the newer cards won't have this issue.

Hey,
I have the same issue of screen tearing on the desktop with enabled G-SYNC. I use a GTX970 with an acer XB270HUbprz monitor. Seems to be a driver issue.

Previously I had also the problem, that after booting to OSX, Windows was not recognizing G-SYNC anymore and I had to unplug the monitor. I will test if this issue is gone with the new drivers.

my computer asus maximus vii hero , graphics card nvidia gtx 960 4Gb is very problems
Uicf-px6KJyihR7tP92Bbn36sQMY5kxevZMv-zzkx6k
kREGplvSN1iUNdwJtB2l6xouxG3iksaO406uQvvVG-M
Mee Tooo I Have very bad problems :C

Successful install with tonymacx86's Skylake Thunderbolt 3 Test Build: GA-Z170X-UD5-TH with a 980 TI (EVGA). I ran the FCPX BruceX test and I found it less then 50% the performance of the same system running El Capitan. I think I will hold off for more optimized Nvidia drivers. I will also be testing a RX 480 in beta 10.12.1

I had a problem with 2 monitors. After the web driver was installed there were only black screens. The monitor on the display port actually remained in standby.

If I boot with the dp cable pulled, then all is good on HDMI. Plugging the dp then results in the monitor to come to life. Really bizarre.

THIS FINALLY FIXED IT FOR ME! :thumbup:

I've tried absolutely everything in the book, and I guess just unplugging my DVI-I monitor seemed to work!
I wonder if there's a problem / bug with macOS Sierra / nVidia Web Drivers with booting with multiple monitors if one of them is HDMI? :think:

Thanks so much for posting this, though!

-Duncan

I have a problem with one of my two indentical systems. Without nv_disable=1 or the equivalent with the latest Clover my machine boots about 50% through the white progress bar and then reboots. it will do this forever. If I set nv_disable=1 it boots to Sierra and the Nvidia pref pane says I have the webdriver but looking at the system info the NVidia web driver kext is not loaded and the screen is very slow. My other machine works fine. I have compared config.plist between the two and aside from SMBIOS "name" differences they appear the same. The same KEXTs are loaded on both. This is a GTX-960 same as the other. I have installed the nvram clover options and NividaWeb=1 is persistent through the boot with nv_disable=1
I'm at work but hope someone has some ideas. Looked at boot verbose but it goes by too fast into the reboot. Looking as asl logs the only thing I can find in just one instance is a bad chip number for the NVidia but I'm not even certain that is a log from a failed reboot load.

This trick does not work for the configuration I have. Indeed looks like the driver is running looking at the parameters yet during boot it obviously goes wrong and the display output is that of the OS X driver...
Patch with AGDPFix
Done....16B2333a WebDriver-367.15.10.05f01 with same method

X4WufHZ.png

Last edited:
I have a problem with one of my two indentical systems. Without nv_disable=1 or the equivalent with the latest Clover my machine boots about 50% through the white progress bar and then reboots. it will do this forever. If I set nv_disable=1 it boots to Sierra and the Nvidia pref pane says I have the webdriver but looking at the system info the NVidia web driver kext is not loaded and the screen is very slow. My other machine works fine. I have compared config.plist between the two and aside from SMBIOS "name" differences they appear the same. The same KEXTs are loaded on both. This is a GTX-960 same as the other. I have installed the nvram clover options and NividaWeb=1 is persistent through the boot with nv_disable=1
I'm at work but hope someone has some ideas. Looked at boot verbose but it goes by too fast into the reboot. Looking as asl logs the only thing I can find in just one instance is a bad chip number for the NVidia but I'm not even certain that is a log from a failed reboot load.

I found last night a post indicating that the graphics might not be the issue, after replacing the FakeSMC in my clover\kexts\other
with the current on in the download section it no longer reboots if web driver is selected. HOWEVER it still shows the webdrive active in the Nvidia prefs pane but the driver is still not loaded or working no matter what I do. nvram -p still shows NvidiaWeb=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back