Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (387.10.10.10.40)

People have had two years now to move on from their unsupported Nvidia Pascal cards. Not sure why they keep trying to hold on and expect them to keep working forever ?

People have had two years now to move on from their unsupported Nvidia Pascal cards. Not sure why they keep trying to hold on and expect them to keep working forever ?
If not broken why change it?

At least you could install a newer version of macOS than High Sierra (which is out of support from Apple). Even the older Kepler cards from Nvidia have native support through Big Sur. Supported AMD cards will perform much better as they are many years newer.

Last edited:
Thanks this is a really helpful response. Will you send me the money to upgrade?

Big Navi cards are a good upgrade. And prices have declined. Apple is no longer providing security updates for those old OSes and nvidia is longer updating its macOS drivers for any security vulnerabilities, so you may want to take the plunge to the red team so you can upgrade beyond macOS 10.13.

I was upset too when nvidia and apple broke up but my experience with RDNA2 has been great.

Thanks this is a really helpful response. Will you send me the money to upgrade?
Hackintosh users had at least 3 years to replace their Nvidia card, and Apple has switch to AMD cards for over 8 years. Buying a Nvidia card since 2013 is a bad idea for Hackintosh.

When I built mine in late 2018, I already felt that Nvidia GPUs will be abandoned by macOS so I chose Radeon instead.

Hackintosh users had at least 3 years to replace their Nvidia card, and Apple has switch to AMD cards for over 8 years. Buying a Nvidia card since 2013 is a bad idea for Hackintosh.

When I built mine in late 2018, I already felt that Nvidia GPUs will be abandoned by macOS so I chose Radeon instead.
I bought the computer, why can nvidia or apple say it expires? I'm willing to take the risk on security updates, why can't they let me? I mean, it worked yesteday!

Don't laugh...... that actually worked for me....
I had an apple employee onto me within 1 day.

Back