Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (387.10.10.10.40)

Serious question: Will there ever be Nvidia drivers for 10.14? Or is it expected to take so long?

Serious question: Will there ever be Nvidia drivers for 10.14? Or is it expected to take so long?

The delay for these drivers is so atypically long (considering NVIDIA releases updates for 10.13 the day after an OS or security update) that most people believe that drivers for 10.14+ will not be coming.

No one knows for sure. I would call it extremely unlikely for there to be drivers for 10.14.x at this point. Perhaps we'll see them for 10.15.x when the new Mac Pro ships. If they don't appear in a reasonable time frame after that, then they probably aren't coming at all.

My personal plan at this point is to hang back at 10.13, wait for Navi to ship in a Mac, and jump when there's a Navi card which is a significant upgrade from the 1080 I already own.

No one knows for sure. I would call it extremely unlikely for there to be drivers for 10.14.x at this point. Perhaps we'll see them for 10.15.x when the new Mac Pro ships. If they don't appear in a reasonable time frame after that, then they probably aren't coming at all.

My personal plan at this point is to hang back at 10.13, wait for Navi to ship in a Mac, and jump when there's a Navi card which is a significant upgrade from the 1080 I already own.

I have the same plan. Might snag a used rx580 in the interim to get stable on Mojave before going up to Catalina.

Ditto me, exactly same plan. I never intended to replace my 1080 (my Hackintosh was built by an online company and sent to me assembled with the card in place). I know the physical swap-out for a Navi will be simple enough, and once Catalina has driver support for it, the Navi may work well... I'm just concerned it may be louder than my 1080 or throw off more heat than my system was designed for.

Back