Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (387.10.10.10.40)

Hmm, tough one. Probably the closest to a 1050ti (but not quite) and passively cooled would be a an RX 460 like this one:
XFX Radeon RX 460 2GB DDR5 1220MHz Heatsink DP HDMI DVI Graphic Cards RX-460P2HFG5

Thanks so much, I will bear that in mind when I get to the point that I am forced to upgrade.

Ive never really had too much luck with making a working Hackintosh. This place has been great when working through my Hackintosh woes.
Recently tried making one again and am running into a problem I never got to before (previous attempts failed) and that's the black screen after enabling Nvidia web drivers and rebooting.

The apple logo and loading bar start after enabling NVIDIA Drivers on reboot but stop at 3/4 progress and go to a black screen for a couple seconds then my monitor gets no signal and goes into power saving. Ive tried several attempts to resolve this but I'm not 100% on how all this works.

Im on build High Sierra 17g65 and for the life of me cannot get it to work. I have a pending security update 2019-001 update that refuses to complete successfully as well and am thinking this may be the issue...maybe..

Suggestions or pointers on how to properly set IDs and the like with Clover to get this working would be super appreciated.

Hey everyone - Been a while since i've checked in on the Nvidia issues that were plaguing 10.13 for a long time, but from what I can tell from a quick scan of this thread, is a clean install of 10.13.6 and the latest Nvidia/Cuda drivers (87.10.10.10.40.122) don't seem to have any major issues? Is that correct?

I'm going to be doing another clean install this summer, so just wanted to check before reformatting and starting from scratch again. I'm using this machine for mainly AE/Premiere work and dual booting into Windows for VR with a Titan Xp pascal.

Thanks!

Anyone checked if webdrivers are compatible with the security update 2019-002?

Back