Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.5 (387.10.10.10.35)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. The NVIDIA drivers are more like pre-alpha.
My 10.12.3 system runs fine as opposed to the 10.13.4 installation. Not sure if the problem is NVIDIA or Apple here. The memory problem occurs right after booting. not much time for leaking. And as for AMD or Windows: Not really an alternative for me. Win10 is still a clunky piece of ugly software I use only if I really have to.
And my trust in Otoy delivering an AMD version: For how long have we been hearing this from him. They demoed it on an iMac last year and there is not even a beta in sight so far. And once it's out who knows how stable it will be.

Edit: Looking at the NVIDIA GeForce forum it looks like it's even worse under Windows
https://forums.geforce.com/default/board/33/

Otoy has to add AMD support because no Mac comes with NVIDIA cards. The iMac Pro is a very capable machine and the Vega 56/64 has very good compute power for something like Octane.

I think they talk about support here I think and this is from 3 months ago, and said it will be here in 9 months so....6 more months to go. There was another podcast they talk about AMD support for macOS.

I would say if you really want Octane support just stick to 10.12.6 (I would recommend you update from .3 as .6 is very stable). You're not missing much from High Sierra anyway.

Hopefully the eGPU push by Apple will force NVIDIA to make their crappy drivers better.

And I agree Win10 is unusable for me as well for actual work, I only boot into it for games (very rarely) and VR.

This is all NVIDIA's fault, they have dedicated very little resource to the WebDrivers.

Apple changes a lot of things in their OS under the hood from major version to major version and the developers need to update quickly, but since NVIDIA sees this as "unofficial support" they don't care.

The same thing happened with Wacom. Their drivers were garbage for 8 straight months when macOS High Sierra came out because Apple changed the way HID works and Wacom barely had resources dedicated to fix it.

In a way it is Apple's fault, but they are trying to make their OS better and more modern and developers should do their job right.

I was having severe lag on various apps (for instance AppCode, IntelliJ, discord, Slack) due to the 378.10.10.10.35.106 drivers on 10.13.5, I rolled them back to 378.10.10.10.25.106 and my system is now extremely usable.

I was having severe lag on various apps (for instance AppCode, IntelliJ, discord, Slack) due to the 378.10.10.10.35.106 drivers on 10.13.5, I rolled them back to 378.10.10.10.25.106 and my system is now extremely usable.

NVIDIA needs to update their drivers to support Metal 2 API for overall macOS UI.

It may happen with Mojave but most likely not.

I lost my res after not being able to wake via mouse/keyboard, its completely out all together now and I cant boot with the Nvidia driver as my display says its out of range, I believe I contributed to trying to fix the issue with this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/adding-using-hidpi-custom-resolutions.133254/page-66

When I boot without it, my screen is way too blown up. I've tried more potential fixes than I'd like to admit. This comes after having my first system up perfectly for like a week. Any ideas? Would patching the ACPI make a difference?

I don't understand why this isn't a simple fix seeing as everthing was working perfectly before. I have even done a full reinstall.

HI everybody!
Last week I purchased Titan X for Mac Pro 5.1 and after simple replacing an old Quadro4000 it worked perfectly until yesterday. First I experienced problems with launching some apps. So I rebooted machine. Didn't helped. I've found there is OS update available 10.13.5 so, I've installed it and updated NVidia webdriver. But since then screen freezes, and machine is overall unusable. Default mac OS driver is slightly better, but Open GL doesn't work. My initial euphoria from fast graphic card flew away... What can I do?

Hi there,

i updatet tu High Sierra the other day and everything works fine - except: Word / Ms Office.
I got two GTX 980 and the Applications are very slow, with graphical glitches and unresponsive typing.
(I downgraded Office 2016 to an earlier Version, but it didn't help that much.)
Has anyone had the same experience?

Hi there,

i updatet tu High Sierra the other day and everything works fine - except: Word / Ms Office.
I got two GTX 980 and the Applications are very slow, with graphical glitches and unresponsive typing.
(I downgraded Office 2016 to an earlier Version, but it didn't help that much.)
Has anyone had the same experience?

The driver does not work properly with dual cards. Try switching back to a patched 378.10.10.10.25.106.

Thx for the reply - what does patched mean in this context?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back