Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.5 (387.10.10.10.35)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed this updated webdriver successfully, however, when i reboot with GTX 750 Ti connected by a DVI socket, the screen got black prompting no signal after running through the codes. I never experienced such issue on 10.13 through 10.13.4. I tried with a VGA socket and the problem persisted. Does anyone have an idea how to solve it?
By the way, my platform: i5 4460, Gigabyte H97M-D3H, DDR3 1600, GTX 750 Ti 1GD5, Clover ver. 4391.
Thanks in advance!

I installed this updated webdriver successfully, however, when i reboot with GTX 750 Ti connected by a DVI socket, the screen got black prompting no signal after running through the codes. I never experienced such issue on 10.13 through 10.13.4. I tried with a VGA socket and the problem persisted. Does anyone have an idea how to solve it?
By the way, my platform: i5 4460, Gigabyte H97M-D3H, DDR3 1600, GTX 750 Ti 1GD5, Clover ver. 4391.
Thanks in advance!

What display did you connect?
I had to to configure my display with "MST off". My display was configured as secondary before.

Anyone else having apps freeze when they try to use OpenGL (I think)? The web drivers installed fine and my screen is at full resolution and everything feels smooth. But any app that wants to open a 3d viewport, or google maps, etc. freeze. I've tried After Effects, Maya, Substance Designer, Google Maps. All just lock up once they try to draw anything complicated. Video plays back fine.

Adding in my two cents. The update went well but the new nvidia driver caused a lot of lag in chrome and playback errors in Adobe Premiere, went back to the .106 drivers and all is good... actually very good... so far

What display did you connect?
I had to to configure my display with "MST off". My display was configured as secondary before.
The display is an AOC i2380SD, with DVI and VGA.

Last edited:
hi
i have asus gl553vd with Intel 630 and nvidia 1050 - mac os 10.13
can i use nvidia in mac os ?
View attachment 334543
Yes, you can! Welcome to the site. You'll need to use NVIDIA web drivers. See post #1 here. For help in configuration of your system, search the site for threads useful for your system, for example successful Kaby Lake and Pascal builds in
https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/golden-builds.87/. Go through the downloads section of the site; download Clover Configurator if you haven't already and get familiar with it. Good luck!

I think he has a laptop, so the answer is no: at the moment GPU switching is not working on laptop...

I'm having some issues with display sleep and the later Nvidia Web Drivers, I think this issue started with 10.13.4 and has persisted into 10.13.5.

Whenever my display goes to sleep, I move the mouse to wake the display up again and the display wakes up but to a "no signal" message. The display then goes back to sleep and then when I move the mouse again, the display wakes up properly. This happens every time.

What's interesting though is that startup and waking from computer sleep always works, the display wakes up properly every time. Turning the screen off and then on again instead of waiting for the display to go back to sleep also works.

Any advice guys?

I think he has a laptop, so the answer is no: at the moment GPU switching is not working on laptop...
That's interesting. I would think that if he can reach BIOS on the laptop and it allows configuration of the graphics, perhaps switching off Intel graphics, then it should allow installation and use of the NVIDIA web drivers, as long as the configuration in Clover/kexts is right (as apparently is with the HD630), unless NVIDIA specifically prevents that installation somehow (and that can't be changed). I don't have a windows laptop, but in reverse I just ignored the whole Bootcamp install, pulled the optical drive and installed another SSD in my MBP, pulled the drivers I needed from BC (except one I had to find online), installed Windows drivers from NVIDIA, and have the latest Windows 10 Pro running natively on the Mac hardware. I could see a problem with available settings, kexts or drivers for the Asus laptop, though. he didn't specify laptop, so I just assumed it was a mobo I wasn't familiar with, though it's a mobile CPU. Nice notebook though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

I'm running a 2012 Mac Pro (tower) with a flashed 980 + 2 other NVIDIA GPU's. Today I updated my OS from El Capitan to High Sierra (10.13.5).

(when testing only the flashed 980 is connected)
High Sierra seems to recognise the card, as it shows up with full naming in the 'About This Mac' screen. I've downloaded and installed the latest Web Drivers (387.10.10.10.35.106) and I can select the drivers in the NVIDIA preferences, but when I reboot it switches back to the default OS driver.

In El Capitan I had to adjust some .kext files manually to make sure make sure the Web Drivers could be used, but it seems for Sierra+ there is a different approach involving Clover.

Clover is new to me. I've installed it (disabled SIP first) and added 'nvda_drv=1' from within' the Clover control panel.
Didn't work. Found out that a new method was needed here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-method-for-enabling-nvidia-web-drivers-in-clover.202341/

Edited the config.plist in de Clover/EFI folder as described in this thread and removed nvda_drv=1.
When restarting, High Sierra loads the OS X Default Graphics Driver again.

I've also tried step 6 from this post: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/#Problem6

Any steps I've missed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back