Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.5 (387.10.10.10.35)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having some issues with display sleep and the later Nvidia Web Drivers, I think this issue started with 10.13.4 and has persisted into 10.13.5.

Whenever my display goes to sleep, I move the mouse to wake the display up again and the display wakes up but to a "no signal" message. The display then goes back to sleep and then when I move the mouse again, the display wakes up properly. This happens every time.

What's interesting though is that startup and waking from computer sleep always works, the display wakes up properly every time. Turning the screen off and then on again instead of waiting for the display to go back to sleep also works.

Any advice guys?

Actually this is happening on real macs as well. My MacBook Pro 2016 wakes with a black screen and becomes non responsive. Hard reboot is the only option. Also present in 2017. Both iGPU 13" and Radeons in 15" has this problem.

Hi all,

I'm running a 2012 Mac Pro (tower) with a flashed 980 + 2 other NVIDIA GPU's. Today I updated my OS from El Capitan to High Sierra (10.13.5).

(when testing only the flashed 980 is connected)
High Sierra seems to recognise the card, as it shows up with full naming in the 'About This Mac' screen. I've downloaded and installed the latest Web Drivers (387.10.10.10.35.106) and I can select the drivers in the NVIDIA preferences, but when I reboot it switches back to the default OS driver.

In El Capitan I had to adjust some .kext files manually to make sure make sure the Web Drivers could be used, but it seems for Sierra+ there is a different approach involving Clover.

Clover is new to me. I've installed it (disabled SIP first) and added 'nvda_drv=1' from within' the Clover control panel.
Didn't work. Found out that a new method was needed here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-method-for-enabling-nvidia-web-drivers-in-clover.202341/

Edited the config.plist in de Clover/EFI folder as described in this thread and removed nvda_drv=1.
When restarting, High Sierra loads the OS X Default Graphics Driver again.

I've also tried step 6 from this post: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/#Problem6

Any steps I've missed ?
WHOA! Clover is not meant for Mac Pros. The 2012 Mac Pro 5,1 runs High Sierra with no problems. So, you don't need Clover. I recommend you uninstall Clover and reinstall HS. (This from a Mac Pro owner.)

Hi all,

I'm running a 2012 Mac Pro (tower) with a flashed 980 + 2 other NVIDIA GPU's. Today I updated my OS from El Capitan to High Sierra (10.13.5).

(when testing only the flashed 980 is connected)
High Sierra seems to recognise the card, as it shows up with full naming in the 'About This Mac' screen. I've downloaded and installed the latest Web Drivers (387.10.10.10.35.106) and I can select the drivers in the NVIDIA preferences, but when I reboot it switches back to the default OS driver.

In El Capitan I had to adjust some .kext files manually to make sure make sure the Web Drivers could be used, but it seems for Sierra+ there is a different approach involving Clover.

Clover is new to me. I've installed it (disabled SIP first) and added 'nvda_drv=1' from within' the Clover control panel.
Didn't work. Found out that a new method was needed here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-method-for-enabling-nvidia-web-drivers-in-clover.202341/

Any steps I've missed ?
As Stork said, Clover and Macs that Apple sells do not mix. Please don't use it on your Mac Pro.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/warning-clover-will-break-your-real-mac-use-with-caution.224933/

Thanks for the info!

With the install of High Sierra the Nvidia card didn't work. It had driver issues (when selecting the Nvidia drivers it jumps back to OS X Default Drivers after reboot), found out about Clover after searching for this specific problem.

I've think I've never actually booted from Clover, always straight into OS X. I did have the folder in SSD/EFI/Clover on my drive and edited the config file + changed nvda_drv=1 in the Clover Configurator, but I'm not sure if Clover has been doing anything.

I've deleted all Clover related files now I think (Deleted SSD/EFI/Clover + Clover Configurator) and going to try and stay away from it. I've got a working system which seems to work. I don't want unnecessary or potential harmful files, so I'd rather remove everything related. If anyone knows if the steps I took are sufficient or not, please let me know.

For other mac 5.1 users: Resetting VRAM worked for me in the end, so I'd recon installing High Sierra and then resetting the VRAM would do the trick for the driver issue.

Last edited:
updated lilu to 1.2.3 and nvidiagraphicsfixup to 1.2.7, rebuilt cache and installed this version. Benjamin dobell's script defaults to this version right now.

seems to be working fine on my gtx1070.

updated lilu to 1.2.3 and nvidiagraphicsfixup to 1.2.7, rebuilt cache and installed this version. Benjamin dobell's script defaults to this version right now.

seems to be working fine on my gtx1070.
How about sleep/awake? Is that fine? It looks same environment to me. But I'm facing lag and chattering issues after sleep.

I haven't noticed any lag/issues with sleep/awake. The only thing is Safari, on closing tab, lags bit here n there. May be it's because U have overclocked CPU? Mine is spaced to be close to a iMac with the exception of the graphics card.

Just the same question:
Does anyone know if previous Cuda Driver works with latest web driver?

Just the same question:
Does anyone know if previous Cuda Driver works with latest web driver?
Probably not with two cards installed. But I haven't tried. Still running *25.106 with CUDA 9.2 here.

I haven't noticed any lag/issues with sleep/awake. The only thing is Safari, on closing tab, lags bit here n there. May be it's because U have overclocked CPU? Mine is spaced to be close to a iMac with the exception of the graphics card.
Thank you for the information. Yes my cpu is i7-6700K(overclocked model). I am glad to hear that there is no problem with the graphics board and driver. I will take a look around my cpu. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back