Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 (387.10.10.10.30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
10.13.4 with 387.10.10.10.106 has solved all UI lags I was seeing. I was able to remove lilu and nvidiaGraphicsFixup as well.

Hmmm. This may have been present with .106, but I'm definitely noticing system freezes when closing tabs in Safari under .107. No more than a half second, but enough to be jarring. Anyone else observing this?

Hmmm. This may have been present with .106, but I'm definitely noticing system freezes when closing tabs in Safari under .107. No more than a half second, but enough to be jarring. Anyone else observing this?
yes when loading new page or closing slight freeze

Same here, this is starting to get really annoying. What is happening over at Nvidia? They seemed to be on top of this stuff, and now with the 3-4 recent drivers they seem to have issues.

Ok, downgraded to 378.10.10.10.25.106 and it seems to have made Safari a whole lot more responsive, and in addition I was having some weird artifacts and issues in Resolve 15 which now appear to be gone.

For anyone interested in how to revert back to 378.10.10.10.25.106, simply copy and paste this into your Terminal:

Code:
bash <(curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update/master/nvidia-update.sh) 378.10.10.10.25.106

Same here, this is starting to get really annoying. What is happening over at Nvidia? They seemed to be on top of this stuff, and now with the 3-4 recent drivers they seem to have issues.
I have a hard time imagining NVIDIA changing their code base to not support multiple cards. That's just not in their interest. I think Apple screws this up big time.

Done, I solved the problem. I used partially this method.

After one week, nothing is good. :( After a few boot comes the message that the driver is incompatible with the system, and boot loop are the result.
1. I boot with recovery mode
2. remove the NVDAStartup.kext and set the SIP 0x0, and reboot
3. uninstall the Nvidia driver
4. reboot
5. install the Nvidia driver, set the SIP 0x67
6. boot with new Nvidia driver
7. All is done, everything is working fine (except the audio, that is lost), until few reboot or shutdown and boot and after the system is going the boot loop and everything starts from beginning. :(

I ran out of ideas.

boot-v.png

Last edited:
You could try pasting this into a terminal
Code:
bash <(curl -s https://vulgo.github.io/webdriver) 387.10.10.10.30.107

Now I'm try it. After installed the clean system, I installed the three kexts:
And after that, I ran the script.

Code:
bash <(curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update/master/nvidia-update.sh)

Now the system is done, and I go to sleep.
I'll see what's coming in the morning.
I will sleep with crossed fingers...

Chili, if what you've done isn't enough, try the guide located here -- #265. We have similar systems, and I run the latest NVIDIA web driver 387.10.10.10.30.107 and CUDA driver 396.64. Both work perfectly on my system. Following #265, look at your settings in UEFI (BIOS). Don't use "OtherOS", set to "Windows 8". Set CSM to "Never". Follow the ILikeHackinosh guide. Drop MATS table. Use Dart=0. Cheers!

Last edited:
387.10.10.10.30.107 finally fixed my graphic lagging issue !! it took like , 5 months for nvidia to realise the problem and fix it?? what a joke.

maybe who have the link where did you download the germany method where before the dobel was? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back