Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 (387.10.10.10.30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checked, I have this too.
I thought you would have this, I was just checking.

Anyway, try this, it worked for me:

had the same issue, try this workaround, fixed it for me:

1. Close Safari
  2. Open the Terminal app (Applications > Utilities > Terminal)
  3. Enter the following command: defaults write com.apple.Safari IncludeInternalDebugMenu 1
  4. Then hit return
  5. Now relaunch Safari
  6. You will see the Debug menu in Safari’s menubar
  7. Click Debug
  8. Select Drawing/Compositing Flags
  9. Choose “Disable Canvas Accelerated Drawing” and “Disable Full Page Accelerated Drawing”.
  10. Now check to see if your problem is fixed.

Hope it works for you too

I wasn't aware of all these problems with Nvidia and High Sierra. I updated to yesterday's Security Update and my 750 Ti is like a mess now. I applied the recommended nvidia-update patch and even though NVIDIA Web Driver is selected now I still got the same problems (lag, no dual screen, no CUDA). Did I miss something ?

Security update 2018-001 just hosed my NVIDIA drivers. Can't get them to re-install and so now I'm stuck on stock drivers with very sloppy performance and only a single monitor. I'm running a 1050ti. Guess I have to wait for NVIDIA to put out an update?

Beware of the security update folks!

^ Further to this. Running Benjamin Dobell's script here:
https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update

It offered to patch my existing install. I did that, but it didn't work.

So then I fully uninstalled my NVIDIA drivers and driver manager, and re-ran his script. The second time it worked perfectly. I'm back up and running.

So then I fully uninstalled my NVIDIA drivers and driver manager, and re-ran his script. The second time it worked perfectly. I'm back up and running.

I had this issue too.

But I solved doing the following in Benjamin's script:

In terminal typed:

The "-f" argument should reinstall your drivers and restore the old state.

Thanks to you and Dobell's script it's working now ! Didn't thing about uninstalling the drivers first but it did help. Everything's back to normal now.

Pleased to say these new drivers appear to be working fabulously. One odd thing I had to do was back date Lilu and Fixup kexts because new ones were causes black screen on z170x boards.

Lilu.kext 1.2.2
NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext 1.2.1
Can confirm that the newer Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup kexts + 10.13.4 + 1060 + new drivers does not cause black screen on z170x board with SMBIOS iMac14,2. I have several other Lilu plugins (CoreDisplayFixup, IntelGraphicsFixup, Shiki) and was able to turn Chrome Hardware Rendering back on after the latest drivers. My experience is positive with the new drivers, although, I haven't tested Electron-based apps like Discord/Slack/Atom.

Can confirm that the newer Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup kexts + 10.13.4 + 1060 + new drivers does not cause black screen on z170x board with SMBIOS iMac14,2. I have several other Lilu plugins (CoreDisplayFixup, IntelGraphicsFixup, Shiki) and was able to turn Chrome Hardware Rendering back on after the latest drivers. My experience is positive with the new drivers, although, I haven't tested Electron-based apps like Discord/Slack/Atom.
I'm testing a GTX 1060 in my Gene build. I'm using the latest Nvidia driver ...30.106. (I've not updated with the 10.13.4 Security Update as I'm waiting for Nvidia to released a compatible driver.) The ...30.106 driver works great - no glitching - and I don't use any of the above kexts. So, go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back