Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 (387.10.10.10.30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
updated to 30.106. Lilu and nvidiafix disabled. First driver that works fine for me and i don't need to rollback.
Safari's strange color glitches are gone and my PC seems to work fine 3 days now
As a bonus unigine Valley climbed to 3119 (from 2944) but gw2 is still unplayable :p

upload_2018-4-20_14-47-48.png

The GUI is smooth indeed. Uningine benches are crashing. In Both, Valley and Heaven I see good performances but its not smooth, its lagging and eventually it wil stop and come back to the startup GUI of the benches. It looks like that explicit choose "Benchmark" instead of the demo makes it worse. Also Vsync lower settings make a difference but it will stop eventually. I see also sometimes a few "blue" artefacts in the forrest of Valley, when the screen freezes. Also games like Company Of Heroes 2 will crash after a while. Temps are fine. I hear the fan speed up and temps are not hitting above 70-72 degrees. No problems at all in windows.

Any idea? I think we are close indeed. But its not perfect yet.

P.S. this was a short version of the crash log of Company of Heroes 2

Code:
Crashed Thread:        15  Render Thread  Dispatch queue: OpenGLMT

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000058
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

and I see GPU Hung and GPU restarts in the logging:

Code:
com.apple.message.domain: com.apple.ioacceleratorfamily.gpu_hang
com.apple.message.responsible: true
com.apple.message.application_identifier: com.Unigine.Heaven
com.apple.message.application_version: 4.0
com.apple.message.device_name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Code:
com.apple.message.domain: com.apple.crashreporter.writereport.gpuRestart
com.apple.message.signature: Kernel

It looks almost that's running too hot but the temps shows decent values. Also in Windows no issues at all.

I found the issue. It looks my card is dying. Well not dead but it can't keep up with the EVGA FTW3 factory clocks anymore (1569MHz Base Clock/1683MHz Boost Clock). Maybe the ambient temperatures which are 10 degrees higher then normal this issue is now appearing. In windows the issues were similar. Lagging / Crashing etc. Also DirectX Hung errors. I decided to start MSI Afterburner where I limited the total power usage to 90%. The results with this setting were that the OpenGL benches were smooth again. But its not possible to limit the power usage in OSX. So I flashed temporarily the EVGA to the EVGA Founders Edition where the fans are permanently active and with lower clocks. And now its stable again. Well much better.
I also found out that probably I'm not the only one. EVGA has recently introduced the FTW3 also with stock clocks calling it the
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 DT.

full.png

Wait peoples... You can't delete Lilu & NvidiaFixup while using iMac 17.x/18.x/MacPro6.x definitions.

?

I use the iMac 18,3 profile without Lilu or NvidiaFixUp on the latest web drivers and don't have any issues.

?

I use the iMac 18,3 profile without Lilu or NvidiaFixUp on the latest web drivers and don't have any issues.

i also removed nvidiaFixUp with the latest web driver and haven't noticed any issue. I'm on iMac 18,3, 1080 ti and 8700k (iGPU disabled).

I still keep Lilu around cuz i heard it's needed for sound and other stuff.

Don't You use Hardware Encoding Support on your systems? If you using this option you should iGPU made ON/Auto. Also you need IntelFixup & nvidiaFixUp.

Don't You use Hardware Encoding Support on your systems? If you using this option you should iGPU made ON/Auto. Also you need IntelFixup & nvidiaFixUp.

i tried making it work but failed. Hardware encoding was detected in MacX, but didn't actually do anything. Intel Power Gadget shows 0 GHz on iGPU, and the BruceX test doesn't show any improvements at all. So I turned it off..

Last edited:
Iv'e got the latest 30.106 drivers, with the latest nvidiagraphicsfixup and lilu. Everything works great except I am getting a 1-2 second freeze when closing tabs in safari. Iv'e seen a couple of other people here have this problem too. Is there a solution to this?

Iv'e got the latest 30.106 drivers, with the latest nvidiagraphicsfixup and lilu. Everything works great except I am getting a 1-2 second freeze when closing tabs in safari. Iv'e seen a couple of other people here have this problem too. Is there a solution to this?

had the same issue, try this workaround, fixed it for me:

1. Close Safari
  2. Open the Terminal app (Applications > Utilities > Terminal)
  3. Enter the following command: defaults write com.apple.Safari IncludeInternalDebugMenu 1
  4. Then hit return
  5. Now relaunch Safari
  6. You will see the Debug menu in Safari’s menubar
  7. Click Debug
  8. Select Drawing/Compositing Flags
  9. Choose “Disable Canvas Accelerated Drawing” and “Disable Full Page Accelerated Drawing”.
  10. Now check to see if your problem is fixed.

had the same issue, try this workaround, fixed it for me:

1. Close Safari
  2. Open the Terminal app (Applications > Utilities > Terminal)
  3. Enter the following command: defaults write com.apple.Safari IncludeInternalDebugMenu 1
  4. Then hit return
  5. Now relaunch Safari
  6. You will see the Debug menu in Safari’s menubar
  7. Click Debug
  8. Select Drawing/Compositing Flags
  9. Choose “Disable Canvas Accelerated Drawing” and “Disable Full Page Accelerated Drawing”.
  10. Now check to see if your problem is fixed.

Thank you, this worked for me too! The lag is gone completely. Will use this until a real solution is presented.

After update to 10.13.4 and driver 387.10.10.10.106, I report a finally fully functional build, without lags or glitches. Further in depth analysis is required to check the perfs, but first glance seems all nice. It took Nvidia only a "few" tries to nail it, I'd like to say "good job", but I won't.
Though, my GTX950 is still working at x2 instead of x16 in sys report....Valley benchmark gives me a score of 720 at everything max and resolution of 2560 x 1440.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back