Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 (387.10.10.10.30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recommend new nVidia drivers 10.30.106. All problems gone. At last!
The GUI is smooth indeed. Uningine benches are crashing. In Both, Valley and Heaven I see good performances but its not smooth, its lagging and eventually it wil stop and come back to the startup GUI of the benches. It looks like that explicit choose "Benchmark" instead of the demo makes it worse. Also Vsync lower settings make a difference but it will stop eventually. I see also sometimes a few "blue" artefacts in the forrest of Valley, when the screen freezes. Also games like Company Of Heroes 2 will crash after a while. Temps are fine. I hear the fan speed up and temps are not hitting above 70-72 degrees. No problems at all in windows.

Any idea? I think we are close indeed. But its not perfect yet.

P.S. this was a short version of the crash log of Company of Heroes 2

Code:
Crashed Thread:        15  Render Thread  Dispatch queue: OpenGLMT

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000058
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

and I see GPU Hung and GPU restarts in the logging:

Code:
com.apple.message.domain: com.apple.ioacceleratorfamily.gpu_hang
com.apple.message.responsible: true
com.apple.message.application_identifier: com.Unigine.Heaven
com.apple.message.application_version: 4.0
com.apple.message.device_name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Code:
com.apple.message.domain: com.apple.crashreporter.writereport.gpuRestart
com.apple.message.signature: Kernel

It looks almost that's running too hot but the temps shows decent values. Also in Windows no issues at all.

Last edited:
The GUI is smooth indeed. Uningine benches are crashing. In Both, Valley and Heaven I see good performances but its not smooth, its lagging and eventually it wil stop and come back to the startup GUI of the benches. It looks like that explicit choose "Benchmark" instead of the demo makes it worse. Also Vsync lower settings make a difference but it will stop eventually. I see also sometimes a few "blue" artefacts in the forrest of Valley, when the screen freezes. Also games like Company Of Heroes 2 will crash after a while. Temps are fine. I hear the fan speed up and temps are not hitting above 70-72 degrees. No problems at all in windows.

Any idea? I think we are close indeed. But its not perfect yet.

P.S. this was a short version of the crash log of Company of Heroes 2

Code:
Crashed Thread:        15  Render Thread  Dispatch queue: OpenGLMT

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000058
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

and I see GPU Hung and GPU restarts in the logging:

Code:
com.apple.message.domain: com.apple.ioacceleratorfamily.gpu_hang
com.apple.message.responsible: true
com.apple.message.application_identifier: com.Unigine.Heaven
com.apple.message.application_version: 4.0
com.apple.message.device_name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Code:
com.apple.message.domain: com.apple.crashreporter.writereport.gpuRestart
com.apple.message.signature: Kernel

It looks almost that's running too hot but the temps shows decent values. Also in Windows no issues at all.

Interesting. Are you using Lilu & NvidiaFixup? If yes, which versions?

Interesting. Are you using Lilu & NvidiaFixup? If yes, which versions?

Yes with and without these no difference however Lilu is needed for AppleALC,

Lilu 1.2.3 & NvidiaGraphicsFixup 1.2.6

Bootargs:
Code:
-igfxbeta -alcbeta shikigva=60 -lilubetaall -ngfxbeta
+ darkwake / nvda_drv=1 / dart=0 / -disablegfxfirmware

I've found NvidiaGraphicsFixup 1.2.5 works better than 1.2.6. NvidiaGraphicsFixup 1.2.6 often gives me broken graphics like random lines, black triangles, etc., especially for safari. Is it just me?

i got the same thing. and sometimes it just black screen and forces a reboot after the glitches. it already happened at least 3-4 times since the install.

Compiling is easy, I’m away from my computer but someone should compile it and attach it here.

If you followed the thread then you'd know that not everyone here is comfortable with compiling those kexts. I just corrected some folks that suggested to install outdated versions of the kexts while the majority in here talked about the compiled version, but I'm cool. ;)

I can confirm that NvidiaGraphicsFixup 1.2.5 is more stable.

By the way, with the latest SHIKI Kext you shouldn't use "shikigva=" flag

It was the dual cards! :crazy: Took the second one out and everything works (water test and Cinebench OpenGL).
Glad to finally figure out what the problem was, but sad I can't use both cards 'cause I use all the CUDA cores for rendering purposes :cry:
Here are the OpenGL Extensions Viewer test results before and after:

DUAL CARDS
View attachment 323414

SINGLE CARD
View attachment 323415

You're also running into PCIe bandwidth as well (dependent also on your CPU and chipset)...

Last edited by a moderator:
You're also running into PCIe bandwidth as well (dependent also on your CPU and chipset)...
PCIe bandwidth shouldn't be an issue, and I'm not running them in SLI. My mobo is more than cable of running these two cards. Also, they've always worked fine in Windows and El Cap. xpzone has the exact same issue with running two 1070's, but one works fine for him. I need all the CUDA cores for work :(

nvidiagraphicsfixup 1.2.7

Attachments

• NvidiaGraphicsFixup 1.2.7.kext.zip
    23.2 KB · Views: 293
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back